Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

from 6600 to 7610 the huge chaos ??

• 19-12-2005 7:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello everybody.I am a new member from Greece and i really need your help..
    I am looking desperately forward to find a way to backup my sms from Nokia 6600 to Nokia 7610. I own a bluetooth adapter,an Infrared adapter as well as the Nokia Handset manager software (in which i finally find the sms in my 6600 but cant locate it on HDD in order to copy/paste them in my 7610).Gosh...!

Your help will really be appreciated.Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

first of all get the new pc suite from the nokia web site. then use the backup option to create a backup of everything you want to copy. the options are settings, messages, calender, contacts, bookmarks and user files. then plug in the other phone, restore the backup and voila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 katerina

first of all get the new pc suite from the nokia web site. then use the backup option to create a backup of everything you want to copy. the options are settings, messages, calender, contacts, bookmarks and user files. then plug in the other phone, restore the backup and voila

ahhh...!thanks so much!I ll try it and get back to you to tell you if it worked...really really thanks !!! :)

sooooo...i finally am 50% happy.
    I downloaded the latest Nokia PC Suite from the official site of Nikon.
    I connected my 6600 with the above mentioned program via infrared adapter(as the bluetooth seemed inactive and pissed me off) and everything seemed to be going well.It backed all my files in .dat format in a place in my HDD i could finally locate (phewww...)
    Ok with the backup part.
    Second step.As the Nokia 7610 doesnt have infrared,and as the Nokia 6600 PC Suite - obviously - wouldnt work with my 7610 for the restore part,i downloaded the latest Nokia Pc suite software for the particular model.
    ...and now what?
    :cool:
    hmmm....the bluetooth 7610 handset manager locates the 7610.
    i run the MaBtagent as requested.
    .....but Nokia PCSuite doesnt locate the mobile (blind-blind-blind software:mad: :mad: :mad: )

Ahhh...can you help in this?

Thanks again in advance.

Katerina/Greece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you may have done something wrong with the backup because on mine it stores the backups in .nfb format, not .dat. maybe not though

i'm afraid you'll have to get the bluetooth working to restore the backup. what steps are you taking to set up the bluetooth? it took me a while to get mine working when i first got it

on mine, i open up the software the came with the bluetooth adapter, then i click get connected on the pc suite. i click bluetooth connection, then when the bluetooth adapter i have shows up in the list, i click it then click finish. thats what i was doing wrong originally, i didnt click the specific adapter before clicking finish.

is the adapter working at all, i.e. can you use it with its own software and will it just not work with the nokia suite?

does the pc suite you have look like this?

you may have done something wrong with the backup because on mine it stores the backups in .nfb format, not .dat. maybe not though
    Dear Commander Vimes i cant express how much i appreciate your help.You offered some time of your personal free time to help me.What can i say..i deeply thank you.

It makes me feel weird the fact that your backup was in .nfb format cause i m sure i didnt change any settings before proceeding in backup (in fact i dont i remember if i saw any settings). I ll see it again as soon as i get back from work.
    i'm afraid you'll have to get the bluetooth working to restore the backup. what steps are you taking to set up the bluetooth? it took me a while to get mine working when i first got it
    On mine, i open up the software the came with the bluetooth adapter, then i click get connected on the pc suite. i click bluetooth connection, then when the bluetooth adapter i have shows up in the list, i click it then click finish. thats what i was doing wrong originally, i didnt click the specific adapter before clicking finish.

:mad: :mad: :mad: I think i ll have it also checked again and again when i come back from work.
    is the adapter working at all, i.e. can you use it with its own software and will it just not work with the nokia suite?

Yes!!!it is working!i used it!i am afraid the problem is with the connection with the Nokia Suite which - yes- it looks like this .this

i ll get back to this page when i check it.
    Oh Commander..your help means the world to me.

take care

Katerina-Greece

• Advertisement
Advertisement