Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB in Balbriggan

• 19-12-2005 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I new here and to be honest I havent got a clue when it comes to broadband.

Does anyone know what company to go to for wireless broadband in Balbriggan??

I was told to avoid IBB like the plague!??

Thanks

Red

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

hey anybody got any adivce at all????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

There is no one offering wireless in Balbriggan. Even if a company claims coverage, they're lying. They would have to have a base station in the town to have coverage and no one has. The hill to the west of the town would be ideal for a wireless operator, I'm quite surprised that we're nearly in 2006 and we only have the adsl option. Can you not get adsl?

we really dont want to get a fone line in. We have had so much hassle with eircom so dont want to go near them at all possible.

is there any other options availabe??

Any other Suggestions?????

I'm afraid you have no choice. I wouldn't even suggest satellite to you (because it's woeful).

There is no cable operator in Balbriggan, there is no MAN in Balbriggan. There is no wireless operator, there is no LLU dsl. There is Eircom and the few who resell their products. Eircom are abusing their monopoly in the town; they recently took 4 months to install an adsl line in one of the new developments. There is little or no hope because the "competition" are offering none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

d-redser wrote:
    Any other Suggestions?????

Getting a phone line is no hassle compared with wireless broadband, do you realise how sh1t wireless is?

get a phone, get ADSL if you and get peace of mind, READ all the wonderful posts on Wireless broadband in Boards............

BT, Eircom

Hey thanks..

I am trying to avoid getting in an Eircom phone line as much as possible. HATE them so damn much !!

But if its the only way then i suppose there is no other way around it...

How long is the average wait for the adsl lines?

Anyone else have any info on gettin wireless bb??

Eircom are being W*nkers:mad: and wont come out to us for 2 months to set up a land line!!!

d-redser wrote:
    Anyone else have any info on gettin wireless bb??

Eircom are being W*nkers:mad: and wont come out to us for 2 months to set up a land line!!!

bump

Did you even read my post?

• Advertisement
Advertisement