Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT or Eircom, which would be quicker?

• 19-12-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Okay... phone line setup :) Now I want to get DSL in pronto (or as quick as possible), who would be the quickest Eircom or BT? I'll weigh in cost value afterwards, just want rid of this current 'ISP'.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eircom would probably be the quickest to get you setup but would be the most expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you have a current ISP you must 'transfer' off them to your chosen operator .

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Mmmmm.... i'm thinking eircom. but BT's prices are attractive yet I also run the chance of being screwed by their billing system... :(

How long would it be (weeks) if I did choose either of them, i'm living in Rathmines as well so it shouldn't be too long i'd imagine.

I don't have to transfer from any ISP, this is a fresh DSL installation, currently on a wireless connection which is complete and utter ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you have your eircon account number they should be the same. Go for BT, even if it is slightly longer, it is cheaper and not eircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

dude, eircom is quicker, eircom do the transfers so no need to wait a month, took a week to xfer me from BT back to eircom,all arranged by eircom.

You are only asking for trouble if you go with BT,,,,read my posts, i learned the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You are only asking for trouble if you go with BT,,,,read my posts, i learned the hard way.

So we should all go with Eircon because they do their best to stifle competition. It is because of Eircon you had problems with BT. That is why people should avoid Eircon all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Does Eircom run BT's billing dept and their customer service dept?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

They are both the same if you have a line installed and you only want DSL installed there is no real difference in the lead time , its Eircom DSL you are buying from BT , they order it wholesale from eircom and BT send you out the Routers and filters and bill you for it and Eircom Bill BT.

SO the answer to your questions is who do you want to use ..... personally I used Eircom and I had no issues with it .... very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Okay... phone line setup :) Now I want to get DSL in pronto (or as quick as possible).

I had new line installed on 19th August, but line did not pass initial dsl test until mid-october. I only wanted the line for broadband, and was told at time of installation that I would have dsl within 2 weeks. Not sure if this delay is typical, as nobody in Eircom could/would explain it to me.

Advertisement