Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last Roses sweet at the bottom of the tin

• 19-12-2005 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

In your house, what is the the roses sweet that is likely to be at the end of the tin ie. the sweet everyone hates

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Coffee Creams :o Yuk
    followed closely by the orange creams and the coconut ones

My favourites are the toffee ones, in the blue and yellow wrappers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Coffee creams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Some nutty one.

I adore the cup ones and truffles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Orange, strawberry and coffee all hated equally here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Roses don't have a coffee cream anymore, they got rid of a few duds, no coconut or cherry. Orange is still there and I think the strawberry is. You used to be able to get a box with just the purple ones, havent seen them this year yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

The strawberry and coffee one in my house anyway.

Don't mind the ornage ones so much anymore since they changed em to just orange flavour choccie instead oif that terrible gooey orange stuff they used have in em.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

none left i have a 4 year old who just eats them it dosn,t matter if he likes them or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Oh, I used to love the coffee cream ones! Anything coconut is left uneaten in my house. We just throw them out. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

The sickly sweet strawberry one.:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We haven't had roses for a while but when we have Celebrations the horrible galaxy truffles and mars are always left :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just a load of purple nutty ones left now....my girlfriend likes those ones though, so when she comes over tomorrow all will be well :)

All the lovely strawberry, orange and praline cup type roses were gone within a day or so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Brazillian one..purple, I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The little dark chocolate bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blisterman wrote:
    The little dark chocolate bars.
    they dont have them anymore. I liked them, the bournvilles, bitter as fook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Always the hazlenut swirls! Always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

If all the people who said they hated the strawberry ones could kindly round them all up and send them to me I'd appreciate it.

In the Quality Street box those penny toffees are still sitting there come August..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heathens, we loved all the creme ones, coffee mmmmmmm. Orange was my favourite.
    Toffee is always left until last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

like the person above, round up all orange & strawberry cream sweets - I love them. I also love the galaxy swirls and mars that somebody else didn't like in the celebrations. I guess it just goes to show how hard it is for the sweet makers to get the mix right to suit everybody.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

It's always the strawberry ones left or the fudges. I love toffee pennys and the galaxy truffles so feel free to send those my way. :) I'll also take the orangey ones...mmmmm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

We are on to celebrations as well eh, maltesers roxor, topic suxor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

With Roses or Quality Street the glue-your-teeth-together toffees never get eaten by anyone in my house. Hazelnut whirls are the first to disappear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

homah_7ft wrote:
    Orange, strawberry and coffee all hated equally here.
    They're the first ones I eat... mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

isnt it mad how its different in different familys!
    I love the strawberry, orange, coffee creams, the purple ones and the toffees. The plain ones and the truffles get left til last though and the boring fudges. Found a box last night and was gutted all that was left were those green truffle ones with silver roses on yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

here lads ye can have all my maltesers and fudges and truffles. I'll swap ya for the left over strawberrys oranges, purple ones and topics i love the mini topics mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Coffee creams RIP :( they were my fave!
    Along with strawberry and orange, and caramel ones.
    my mam loves the nutty ones, (id be sick..ew!!) and my dad is happy to eat the fudge or truffles which are left!
    in the celebrations i grab all the maltesers ones before my sisters get em, they get so p'd of :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

AAaaarrrrrgh the orange, strawberry and coffee ones....YUCK! Same one's for most ppl... feeling a bit sorry for them lol!

Advertisement