Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still can't get broadband? Want to be on De Telly?

Options
  • 19-12-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

RTE are looking for people that are based in and around Dublin that still cannot get broadband after trying for so long to get it. Are you willing to be interviewed this week? If so pm me or email me at info AT irelandoffline.org

Details I need:
    A brief summary of how you tried to get broadband and failed.
    Where you live and where you work. (If you can get off work for a brief period to do this interview it would even be better.)
    Contact details, both mobile and email.

Thanks.
    Damien.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Will the poor sods outside Dublin ever get to tell their sorry tales?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The poor sods living in the beating heart of the 'E Hub of Europe' have a program in them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Everyone will get to have their say very soon. We should be rolling out a new website in the New Year that will enable everyone to record their story and have it displayed online. *Looks at CGarvey*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i have letter from noel dempsey saying that "there are 12 broadbrand providers in donegal town some of these have considerable expertise in fixed wireless broadband and there may be one or more who prepared to discuss my requirements"

the last line is priceless
    i am confident that there are sufficient broadband technologies available to deliver an adequate broadband service to you

funny how i still havent got broadband (cant afford satellite) no wireless no landline stuff but noel denpsey says i can get it so thats all right then

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

12 providers in Donegal Town? He's having a laugh innit!:)

He's obviously counting all the bitstream resellers like BT etc. Neither Eircom nor that North West wireless crowd seem to offer FWA from Barnes Gap, despite what I hear, and I know that Harveys Point Hotel gets FWA from the Gap. Maybe you've to beg and plea for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Outside the Pale is a foriegn country to some in Donnybrook... Maybe the petrol expenses to leave the City are cut back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ednwireland, did you write back to him and call bullsh*t? If you haven't, you should. Harrass the ass off the loser. If he's going to bullsh*t you with the party line, he deserves it.

adam

Advertisement