Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cemetery near Kilcullen, Co. Kildare

• 19-12-2005 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any cemeteries in the Kilcullen/Cutbush/Suncroft area ?
    I know there is one in Naas.

Is there any in the Newbridge area ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

(Answers own question).

There's on in Kilcullen ,and a new one in Suncroft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mariseo

There are actually two in Kilcullen, New Abbey and St Brigid's (the new one). In addition there are cemeteries in Old Kilcullen, around the Round Tower, at Gormanstown Church on the Dunlavin Road, in Brannockstown (Baptist), and at Two Mile House on the Naas Road. There's also a cemetery in Newbridge, on the Kilcullen Road.

There might be more, but it's late and I'm sleepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

I used to live in Cutbush! Weird. Anyway, there ain't any there. The one in Suncroft is creepy as hell. I have no idea why anyone would want to live in that hole. I feel sick every time I go through it. eugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tomkildare

Just found your website. There is an old (public) grave yard in the grounds of Gilltown Stud with a public right of way across the field into it and includes a very interesting pyramid shaped burial crypt which, having been entered by thieves, was boarded up in the 1980s. There is another but very ancient burial ground in Harristown Estate near Gilltown Stud, with others located beside their relevant churches at Yellowbog, Kilcullen, Carnalway, Kilcullen and Brannoxtown, Kilcullen to name but a few in the local area of Brannockstown.

Advertisement