Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be playing for xmas?

Options
  • 19-12-2005 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

Simple question... what games have you put aside for playing at Christmas during your time off work?

I'll be playing Prince of Persia Two Thrones on the gamecube, I'll be playing alot more of Mario and Luigi Partners in Time on the DS, and I'll be starting Story 4 on Phoenix Wright on the DS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'll be playing hide from everyone you know because you haven't got presents for anyone.
    Other than that, I don't know... might go back and play DeusEx again and see if I can complete it without killing anyone. :rolleyes: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well bro has PSP so will see what games he has on that or cart my PC home and play CoD single player for the duration

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i have nothing to play :(

i'll probably go back and play through something again. deus ex sounds good, but that means finding my disc...which probably wont happen. maybe do some morrowind again, as something other then a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ordered Animal Crossing DS and Legend of Heroes for the PSP last week - they should be here before Christmas with any luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got totally addicted to Baten Kaitos last night so will be playing plenty of that. Castlevania: Nocturne in the moonlight on the Saturn is currently taking up a lot of my time. On the upside down castle now but still need to finish the game another two times with Richter and Maria. Katamari Damacry 2 needs to be polished off. Also hope to get back to KOTOR. My PC is in my brothers room now while the parents sort out the room it was in and it is really uncomfortable sitting on the edge of his broken bed to play games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

POP3, spent most of gaming xmas last year on 2, so will do the same again, hope its as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

All for xbox, half life 2, king kong, & ill finally go back to far cry & clear it despite the fact that it doesnt save properly for some reason. Also I may go through the xbox version of monkey ball for all those lovely new levels I havent played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Probably half life 2 on the pc or Civ 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've nothing at all to play at the moment, but I'll (hopefully) be getting RE4 over christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Finishing Far Cry and starting Fahrenheit for the PC. Might get Shadow the Hedgehog for the PS2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BF2 (PC, XBox), NFS, supermonkeyballox, Mashed, PoPTTT, maybe a spot of Q4.

PetiteCopter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

GTA:LCS and Wipeout Pure on PSP (and homebrew stuff if some smart bastard figures out how to downgrade 2.01 sometime soon!). I might pick up Burnout Revenge for my xbox if I can find it preowned. Currently playing Need for Speed Most Wanted and it is much better than expected. I especially like how you don't have to bother with the boy racer tart-em-up bit to progress like you did in the underground games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Street Fighter 3 [parry practive]
    Capcom vs SNK 2
    Capcom fighting evolution
    Battle Feild 2
    Half life 2 [maybe]
    Counter Strike source
    Viewtiful Joe 2
    New Prince Of Persia [maybe]
    TokoBot [psp]
    Metal Slug 5
    Need for Speed : Most Wanted

red= definatley
    rest = maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2, and DAOc (Again) on the PC, my gf got me an xbox 360 even though I dont really want it but she got it for free, so i guess Ill play something on that too, nothing intrests me on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TmB wrote:
    I'll be playing Prince of Persia Two Thrones on the gamecube
    i've picked up warrior within again and want to get that finished before moving onto something else :/

for the pc;
    F.E.A.R.

will prolly end up playing through Resident Evil 4 again as well (this will be the 5th time:p )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GTA: LCS, and if I'm feeling wild I'll downgrade and go for some classics: Chrono Trigger, SoM etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Don't actually have any time off but might find some time for the odd game of madden 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'll probably give F.E.A.R. another run through
    A game or two of Civ 4
    POP The Two Thrones
    CoD2
    GTA Liberty City Stories

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Might finish off Deus Ex, never got far in it. Been tempted to start off a new game of Baldur's Gate 2 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Baldur's Gate 2 aswell.
    Never got to play that :(
    Whatever PC I've owned it's never worked, I've missed out on possibly the best RPG ever made. *runs off and cries*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Over the christmas i shall be playing Madden 06 and Condemned on the xbox 360. Iv been put off Pc for a while cause Oblivion was put back till march :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

GTA LC on my fly new psp

and ill hopefully pick up another game, possibly wipeout

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I on the other hand won't be playing much of my PSP, well not until my brother finishes GTA. He never buts the thing down. Anyway I've got the better DS games to play. Have to beat the old mario and luigi and have Gunstar Super Heroes to plough through as well. Pheonix Wright needs to be played and I'm addicted to Meteos as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

bit of call of duty 2 and PGR3 on 360. if only they could sort out the cod2 online and it would be perfect. pro evo 5 too probably. might buy myself a light gun for xbox or ps2 cause i have a choice between house of the dead 3 and time crisis 2 or crisis zone cant find time crisis 3. am also tempted to buy starcraft for some odd reason. looks like command and conquer(can anyone confirm this) which i enjoy.

might try finish a few games i have already. not much out new that i want to buy.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    am also tempted to buy starcraft for some odd reason. looks like command and conquer(can anyone confirm this) which i enjoy.

It's like command and conquer except far, far better. It is 'the' most balanced RTS game ever, there's no tank rushing in this game. Single player is great but the multiplayer is godly especially amoung mates (you will more than likely get murdered online until you have enough practice). For me no other RTS comes close to the amazing starcraft. There is a reason matches are televised in Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'll probably be playing castlevania DS, Fire Emblem, Kirby Canvas Curse or Final Fantasy IV (if the postman gets it to me in time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

This christmas I shall be playing osu! tatakae! ouendan! and possible batallion wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's like command and conquer except far, far better. It is 'the' most balanced RTS game ever, there's no tank rushing in this game. Single player is great but the multiplayer is godly especially amoung mates (you will more than likely get murdered online until you have enough practice). For me no other RTS comes close to the amazing starcraft. There is a reason matches are televised in Korea.
    What he said :)
    And yes, it makes prime time TV in Korea, which is impressive to say the least for a game nearing 8 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ico and Beyond Good And Evil definitely. I want to finish off Burnout Revenge too, and play lots of Mario Kart DS. And I too am oddly tempted to grab StarCraft. (w00t for Blizzard's apparent love of Mac owners)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Yea Starcraft excellent game still haven't finished it very good story for an RTS like that and Deus Ex wat a game wanted to buy it yesterday but resisted as my friend has it just a matter of going get it.
    I just got Nexus - The Jupiter Incident the other day plays well and if not that then C&C Generals

Advertisement