Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Links

Options
  • 19-12-2005 12:42pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When posting a link I am not been giving an option of adding a text prompt...?I used to get the option of adding text but now its just enter the URL.Anybody have the same problem ...?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Why not just type
    [url =http://yoursite]Text Here[/url]

Text Here

//edit, just noticed that you can no longer just put bbcode into a code tag without it turning to whatever it is anyway, is this new? ie, [ /url] without the spaces actually shows the link, not the bbcode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Once you put in the link and click ok or hit enter and the code appears in the reply box the text that will be the link is highlighted for you already so all you have to do is type what you want for the link.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

or you can type in the link text, then highlight it and add the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

stevenmu wrote:
    or you can type in the link text, then highlight it and add the link

Yeah that's what i do, I find it actually better than the old system, it is particularly handy as I sometimes type out whatever i'm posting especially if it long offline (expensive dial-up costs:mad:) on MS word and paste it in then.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

netwhizkid wrote:
    Yeah that's what i do, I find it actually better than the old system, it is particularly handy as I sometimes type out whatever i'm posting especially if it long offline (expensive dial-up costs:mad:) on MS word and paste it in then.
    You're a young, multi-millionaire prodigy, why do you have dialup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

CuLT wrote:

Are the early posts about this still there, actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'd assume they've been wiki'ed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Oddly enough, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

CuLT wrote:

Because where i live, there isn't broadband do a search under my name is "Broadband" and "Irelandoffline" and you'll see. I think i should have a wiki i am approaching 1,000 posts. Plus i hang around here a lot, like a bad smell some people have said! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I thought the magical number of posts to get a wiki entry was 1,337?
    But maybe there is an exception being made for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I think i should have a wiki
    Then write one for yourself. That's why it's there. Don't expect to get groupies to do it for you. That doesn't happen unless it's a banned muppet slagging WWM or an admin.

Advertisement