Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some finished knitting projects

• 19-12-2005 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I finished up the last of my christmas knitting last night. Phew! So here it goes.... this is a narrower version of clapotis that I knitted for a girl friend of mine.
    clapotisfin.jpg

i only did one set of increases when i started it, so it ended up much narrower than i expected, and the effect of the dropped stitches is lost :( but hopefully she'll like it anyway.

Tivoli recently brought out this gorgeous novelty yarn called 'spice' in about six different colourways. I don't normally go for novelty yarns, but it's 50% wool content makes it so warm and snuggly I had to splash out on it. There wasn't enough in 2 balls to make a normal scarf, so I whipped up this tube scarf.
    spiceycowl.jpg

Using 10mm needles, I cast on about 30 stitches and knit it flat until it was long enough to go around my neck. this is also going to another girl friend of mine :)

finally, this is the 'loopy cowl' from SnB. i knit it in 'soft baby' from rowan, and it took about a ball and a half. i knit it as an early christmas present to myself ;) it's so soft and warm, i wear it all the time.
    loopycowl.jpg

for other WIPs and more xmas FOs that i finished a while back, check out my blog at knittingneels.com

thanks for looking! Has anyone else got projects they'd like to share?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

some great stuff there:), im sure we've a few other knitters here who have stuff to share, there may be a few posts under the sticky listed at the top, post up anything you created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

tube scaves....hmmm, intriguing. i'm looking at my 3 current half finished scarves, and wishing i'd thought to knit a tube scarf. Once i find my camera i'll stick up pics of the hat i'm finishing up at the moment, a very relaxing stst pattern that i've been doing in front of the telly over christmas.

Advertisement