Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaargh!!! zip problems! please help!

• 19-12-2005 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

right... so i go on holiday and i'm freezing cold and i go and buy an absolutely wicked jacket - warmest coolest garment ever, hooded fur lined karl kani camouflage type business, spent €149 on it which is €100 more than i've ever spent on anything... and now the zip is bust... its stuck at the top, won't zip won, and its all open below the little zipper thing - grrrr....

anybody have any handy tips for fixing knackered zips???

or does anybody have any recommendations for a decent tailor type who could fix this?

replacing the entire zip might not be an option by the way because the seam where the zip is attached is very thick and is triple stitched....

absolutely head wrecking... bloody typical that it should hapen to the one article of clothing i ever buy thats pricy and that i justify to myself on the grounds that it looked like it would last forever... grrrrr.... etc.

anybody got any suggestions? [apart from "buy a cheaper jacket you muppet" - i thought of that already]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Girlfriend

Aw no! That's disastrous!

Do you live in Dublin? If so, take it to the tailors on Liffey Street. They're upstairs somewhere on that road on the same side as the entrances to the food court, chipper and game place.

It's a family run tailors and they're very good. i used to bring things to them all the time.

Good luck and enjoy your new coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

cheers girlfriend! yes i am in dublin.... suspected i might have to resort to a tailor, as i said, i find it hard to imagine how they'll fix it since the zip is sewn in so close to the seam of the jacket... fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

I usually just grap the coat either side of the zip and yank it apart to force the zip down to the bottom. It usually fixes itself once it gets down.

Worth a try if you're considering spending money on a repair...

Advertisement