Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT are a joke - who else is there?

• 19-12-2005 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I waited 4 months for my transfer from UTV to BT. Everything was fine for a week or so until i got disconnected (nothing to do with not paying my bill). I was told the transfer never happened and i must resubmit my order :mad: Obviously that ain't gonna happen!

Anyway, after having used UTV and now BT who else can i try? I can't get a line of site and clearwire was brutal when i tried it so it has to be over the phone line. A good customer service is a must, Any suggestions?

Edit: I meant UTV to BT not other way around

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If you had PSTN cease, then your broadband order would be cancelled normally. There wouldn't be anything the guys at BT broadband support could do to stop it AFAIK. We can't here.

I use NTL - Never had a problem with it or their CS. Where do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

dlofnep wrote:
    If you had PSTN cease, then your broadband order would be cancelled normally. There wouldn't be anything the guys at BT broadband support could do to stop it AFAIK. We can't here.

I use NTL - Never had a problem with it or their CS. Where do you live?

I'm on the sandyford exchange. Can't get NTL its not available in my estate. Are Netsource any good? I hear they give broadband to residents even though its listed as business only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you were disconnected instead of transferred properly ..as you wished...you can go to any carrier .

Digiweb and Netsource have good CS / Billing and Techs .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If you were disconnected instead of transferred properly ..as you wished...you can go to any carrier .

Digiweb and Netsource have good CS / Billing and Techs .

cool thanks. Netsource give a fixed IP on their 1mb/128k for €90 a quater. I take it there's vat on that though but still comes to roughly €30 a month....nice if they're any good.

Just spotted Netsource have a 4gb down, 1gb upload "acceptable" usage policy. Balls to that!!!

http://www.netsource.ie/aup.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement