Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rough Patch

• 19-12-2005 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch in my life right now, a couple of different things have collided at the same and I'm having a really difficult time trying to keep it together and get on with it.

I need to get some help, but I don't simply need a sounding board to talk to about it. Is their a type of person I can get help from that can understand me and challenge my thought process. I feel I need someone to help to me to unlearn the learnt behaviours that, I believe, have been largely responsible for keeping me down?

I've done the SSRI thing before in my early 20's and point blank refuse to take them again as I've had very bad experiences with them. I'm back in the gym again as I find it's a great comfort to push weights around and exercise. I'm trying but I really need help. I don't want to admit it to myself but I'm really depressed and actually feel suicidal at times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

I think you're going to have to be a little more clear.. I didn't get any of that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

What? Sorry I'm totally lost here people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

The guys been on anti-depressants (formally called SSRI's) in the past and doesn't want to touch them again. And he wants to know if there's someone he can talk to, to help him without resorting to anti-depressants to treat him.

OP if you look at the charter for this forum there are links for psycho-therapy and counselling, which I think is what your after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What sort of rough patch are you in?

I'd start off talking to to your GP and maybe he can recommend a counsellor to help you in your decision. Of course, while acknowledging your depression, there may be other types of people who could help and the doctor may recommend someone different (not necessarily medical) depending on your circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cognitive behavioral therapy. Keep exersising. Maybe yoga too if you have anxiety.

• Advertisement
Advertisement