Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Fudge Icing

• 19-12-2005 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Stork used to have a recipe for Chocolate Fudge Icing. She who knows better mislaid the recipe. Anybody know what she's talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭claw14

How's this ??????:rolleyes:

Chocolate Fudge Icing
    2 cups granulated sugar
    1/2 cup cocoa
    1/2 cup milk
    6 tablespoons margarine
    2 tablespoons light corn syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, margarine and corn syrup. Slowly bring to a full boil. Let boil for 1 minute. Add vanilla extract. Cool and beat with mixer until mixture is of spreading consistency. Spread quickly. Sufficient to ice a 2-layer (9-inch) cake or 1 (13 x 9-inch) sheet cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As corn syrup is hell to get on this side of the atlantic, you could try this one from Nigella Lawson. It's from a Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe that was published on iVillage.co.uk

175g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
    250g unsalted butter, softened
    275g icing sugar, sifted
    1 tbsp vanilla extract

# To make the icing, melt the chocolate in the microwave – 2-3 minutes on medium should do it – or in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water, and let cool slightly.
    # In another bowl, beat the butter until it's soft and creamy (again, I use the KitchenAid here) and then add the sieved icing sugar and beat again until everything's light and fluffy. I know sieving is a pain, the one job in the kitchen I really hate, but you have to do it or the icing will be unsoothingly lumpy. Then gently add the vanilla and chocolate and mix together until everything is glossy and smooth.
    # Sandwich the middle of the cake with about a quarter of the icing, and then ice the top and sides, too, spreading and smoothing with a rubber spatula.

Advertisement