Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harveys

Options
  • 19-12-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

We had our works night out on Friday and decided to meet up in Harveys beforehand. Anyway as I had been travelling all week and was a bit knackered I said I'd start off with a few lager shandies (no jokes). When we saw the receipt our jaws nearly dropped. We were charged €5.20 for the lager shandy,€4.20 for the pint of Heineken and €1 for the dash of lemonade. We thought it was a mistake so when the second round came we were charged the same. We brought it up with girl who served us who said it was management policy that this is the way it should be charged even though the staff did not agree with it. Has anybody had this experience in any other pub. Surely it's dishonest to charge for a full pint when have the glass was full of lemonade. Do I have any comeback besides not going in there? (can't see that making a difference).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Seems like a rip-off to me... Have they publicly displayed the prices that they are charging.. If not, they are commiting an offence, otherwise they can charge what they like. The only option us poor mortals have is simply to bycot the establishments that charge high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you shouldn't have to pay anymore for a shandy pint over a regular pint. The bar should have a bottle of lemonade behind the bar for shandys or else just use the miniture bottles of lemonade and count them as waste at the end of the night. When i worked in a bar in the city centre we used to get a free create of white lemonade mixers with every delivery, i presume most other pubs are the same so why up the price on shandys........GREED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

with this sort of rip off will it stop people going in there?

of course not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hmm.. Its that kind of blatant money grabbing that makes me sick.
    I havent tried Harveys yet.. And Ive just decided I wont.. AND I may even pass on this little story!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Trotter wrote:
    Hmm.. Its that kind of blatant money grabbing that makes me sick.
    I havent tried Harveys yet.. And Ive just decided I wont.. AND I may even pass on this little story!

yes, spread the word! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

If enough people stopped going in there they might get the message , the same management have The Cove which is empty most nights yet The Uluru across the road is always hopping , ask anyone out there and they say they wont support The Cove because of who owns it . Maybe thats a small example of people power but it can work

Advertisement