Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortal kombat vs street fighter 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that is absolutley amazing, Minus the gey sakura bits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

that is awesome!
    they should make a game of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

funny i don't remember that red hair dude in SF2

was excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

was the red haired dude Ken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Cremo wrote:
    funny i don't remember that red hair dude in SF2
    That's akuma or gouki in the japanese version. He only started appearing in the street fighter 2 alpha versions so you wouldn't have seen him in SF2. He was a hidden character in a later version then a fully playable character in an even later version.
    That movie is really MK vs SF3 cause the street fighter animation and moves are from SF3 instead of SF2. Would be cool if someone turned this into a proper playable game. Love to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

CodeMonkey wrote:
    That's akuma or gouki in the japanese version. He only started appearing in the street fighter 2 alpha versions so you wouldn't have seen him in SF2. He was a hidden character in a later version then a fully playable character in an even later version.
    That movie is really MK vs SF3 cause the street fighter animation and moves are from SF3 instead of SF2. Would be cool if someone turned this into a proper playable game. Love to play it.

Nerd alert.

Akuma first appeared in Super Street Fighter II Turbo.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

excellent video. almost made coming into work today worthwhile :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can see i lost touch with street fighter after the orignal street fighter II.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah that was class.
    Wanna see some sub zero though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You can make SF vs MK in that wierd 2d fighter editor thingy that begins with M.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:
    You can make SF vs MK in that wierd 2d fighter editor thingy that begins with M.
    MUGEN
    shot2.gifmugen9.gif
    svc.jpg

anyone remember which title was Cyber Akuma from ?
    i dont get the ending
    shouldnt ken come to the rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

That's the one!

RopeDrink wrote:
    It seems that MUGEN (After taking a brief look at some screenshots) use characters from StreetFighter, Mortal Kombat, Darkstalkers, Strider, King Of Fighters, X-Men, Marvel and a host of other games that I'm not too sure about... Jesus, I can think of some amazing battles to recreate...
    Well you can always get capcom vs snk. It's basically a 2d fighter featuring the most popular characters from capcom and snk's back catalogue (this includes, street fighter, art of fighting, king of fighter, x-men, marvel superheroes, striker, darkstalker, samurai spirits etc) Getting MUGEN to work looks like...errrm...work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The reason its called MKvSF2 is because theres a previous one. Its pretty much the same deal, only the story is slightly different.

mugens pain the ass, im not going back to it, i might upload what i have for you folks, nothing big, just best street fighter characters around, i ripped marvel vs capcom 2 sound track , used to work, now its lagging !

anyway speaking of street fighter, i got back into SF3 and i still cant parry, picked it up today and after lot of reading and practicing, finally got a perfecy RED PARRY, check it out :

CLIP 1

Anima wrote:
    The reason its called MKvSF2 is because theres a previous one. Its pretty much the same deal, only the story is slightly different.
    Thanks for the info. Found the link to the 1st movie after your tip off. http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/mk_vs_sf.html

RopeDrink wrote:
    Damnit you bastard - I had just popped on to paste the link in here...
    Aye, it isn't as good as the second one, but hey, it's still good ole fun and fair play to the maker... I'm assuming said person favours StreetFighter over KortalKombat as it looks like
    the StreetFighter krew always win in the end of both the movies...
    http://72.29.83.114/~streetf/proxicide/ The maker of these movies answered that in an interview.
    technically scorpion beat ryu but ah sure, we all know sf is a better game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Placebo wrote:
    anyone remember which title was Cyber Akuma from ?
    Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter.

What a silly boss, fierce punch fired a homing rocket, his instant hellish was invulnrable and was across the screen in half a second, and his super dragon punch took 2 thirs of your health. He was still easy enough with ryu for some reason though, even though Im not a fan of Ryu:confused: and the Hulk utterly destroyed him.

RopeDrink wrote:
    ROFL at Lui Kang's / Sheeva's / Cyrax's / Strykers 'outtakes'... They're all quite poorly done, but they're still good craic.

Coming across all manner of things along my hunt for sprites that I can use for my own wee little flash animated battles :D

Anyone care to help me find some sprites? If anyone happens to come across some complete sets, preferably of the StreetFighter II series, I'd be most appreciative.

yeah if you download mugen character you can open up sprite files, il link you up with website with SF3:3rd strike sprites tomorow

u can get backgrounds, if u download mugen stages.

download mcm :
    http://ses.mgbr.net/mcm20b-dev356.zip

download mugen characters , heres a very good creator/google
    http://www.geocities.jp/warusaki3/
    stages : http://tetchi.mgbr.net/

open mcm and at the top click SFF > LOAD SFF, go into the character folder and locate the .sff file and theres an option of exporting all to .pcx
    probably other tools etc.

cant find SF3 sprites at moment, will re look later

• Advertisement

np, sounds good, you gonna be using flash ? so frame by frame ?

http://www.mugenfury.com/database/database_chars.php?cat=1

street fighter 2 category there.
    i think that programs the older version search for a newer one [mcm]

another program called sff extract [might be better-easier]

sorry yeah, em well you can use batch convert in photoshop.
    if you to file i think either make an image gallery and select source and destination or there should be batch convert option that will do them all !

Advertisement