Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xp licence

• 19-12-2005 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

i sent over 2 laptops to poland.bought them in a dixons sale. anyways i recently got the stickers back in the post off underneath the machines
    the friends said they never regestered the xp cause they had different launduage versions etc
    can these be resold the friend seems to think so and are sought after?

cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they were probably OEM licenses, if so then they are tied to the laptops and cannot be installed on any other machine, so therefore cannot be sold on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

True, but that does not mean that it would not work. You could in theory install windows using an OEM disc that comes with most new PCs and use the OEM key on the sticker windows will accept it. And as soon as you perform the windows activation MS will assume from then on that the OEM key belongs to your PC.

[NO - you can`t move an OEM license - CM ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭the_jocky

cheers i think thats what the mate meant.
    what would the stickers be worth ive 2 of them sitting here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_jocky wrote:
    cheers i think thats what the mate meant.
    what would the stickers be worth ive 2 of them sitting here.
    Nothing - You can`t legally transfer microsoft OEM software to another computer.
    Also you can`t legally use the license to install a different language version of the OS - M$ would want you to buy a new license in either case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement