Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Sales Job

Options
  • 19-12-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm looking for advise on how to get a start in the car sales business. I've plenty of experience in the motor trade as my father is a panel beater. I'm looking for something in the Laois, Offaly, Kildare region. I'd also like some feedback on the job, pros and cons etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

white bishop car sales are looking for sales staff, but there based on the long mile road in dublin, which would be a long commute from portarlington?

you could always send them your cv and ask for some feedback?

http://www.whitebishop.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Not much to do with knowing about car to sell, it the ability to sell that most companys will want. Friend has started in Navan place and all they wanted her to know is how to sell. She hasn't got a clue about cars

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hhhmmm i never thought about it before but i never met a woman sales person at a car dealership

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ive a female car sales friend,she hates it!
    Says the basic pay is crap and all the guys fight over the sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The fact your father is a panel beater has no advantages.You will start off on a basic wage and in the first 3 months dont expect to sell to many cars.It will take 6/9 months to learn the trade.So in the first year dont expect much in the way of huge wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

My advice is that if you do eventually get a job, get to know the other staff, the valeters, mechanics, cleaning staff etc. I know a guy who got promoted because he got on so well with us, the valeters. He got it on that over the other candidate who avoided us if she could. Shows a good working relationship

Advertisement