Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstalling FM 2005

• 19-12-2005 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭

I have a small problem. I'm trying to uninstall 2005 but it's not on the program list under the start menu and it's not under add/remove programs in the control panel. There is also no uninstall file in the install program.

What I probably need is to write something into the run box to uninstall it.
    If anyone knows what this would be please tell me.
    Or offer any other suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

How are ya?

I don't have the game but there's usually a file called "unwise.exe" in most installation packages - thats what you're looking for. That runs the Uninstallation wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

And if you can't find "Unwise" and it isn't in the add/remove programs list it can probably just be deleted. Don't forget to also delete the "Sports Interactive" folder with tactics and save-games in your "My Documents".

I hope the only reason you are uninstalling it is to do with having the new one! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'll have a look for the unwise file later. I don't think just deleting it would be a good idea. It would leave stuff in the registry etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well it is highly unusual that the game would not be listed in the "add/remove programs" list. I don't think deleting the files is going to cause any problems at all, but maybe you can try some of the other routes first.

Advertisement