Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp my cheeks!

• 19-12-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a really good blusher but have no idea what I'm looking for - anyone got any tips or recommendations for good brands? I want one of those ones that make you look really healthy, like your cheeks are glowing but nothing too unnatural looking. Not mad on the idea of a powder one, but as I said, open to pretty much anything! And any price really, I figure if it's that good it'll be worth spending a bit on it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

The body shop do a fantastic one! Its a cheek and lip stain! It looks very very red when you dab it on but once you give it a rub it gives a gorgeous glow to your cheeks!
    I always use this one, I think its about €8 for a tube. Its a long tube a little bit longer than a mascara with an applicator spongey thing on the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Hey, depends what you're looking for really and whether it's a night-time or daytime look but HOOLA by Benefit is a lovely product; it's non-shimmery and gives a lovely, healthy pink-cheeked glow. The secret to a good blush/bronzer is getting yourself a good brush, it makes a huge difference ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Lol girls should definately be banned from the internet. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Lol girls should definately be banned from the internet. :p

Because.........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Because.........?

I think he's just taking the piss. :v:

I always use powder brushers cos I find them easier to work with if you only want to put a little bit on.

Choosing the colour of your blusher: Pick one that's the same colour as your lips (when you're not wearing any lipstick), so it goes with your complexion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Well also bear in mind what type of skin you have.

I have dry skin so I use a liquid blusher that blends in really well. Cream blushers are good too.

Powder blushers can make you look a bit chalky if your skin is a bit dry.

Benefit do great liquid blushers But if you dont want to spend that much, Rimmel do good powder blushers.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hoola is a bronzer, not a blusher. I think you're thinking of Benefit Dandelion - that's the pale pink powder that's great for brightening you up.

It really depends on your skin colour, but most of the top end makeup brands have very wide selections. I'd recommend Stila for cream blushes, Mac for a wide range, and specifically Nars "Orgasm" blusher for a lovely peachy blush.

Make sure and ask the girls how to apply if this is your first attempt at blusher - too many girls go around either looking like clowns or attempting to sculpt cheekbones. Say no to contouring, it's too 80's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

^^^^ oops, replied using my boyfriends account!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 aoifeg

i think the creamy ones are best to look naturally lovely! mac ladyblush would be by personal favourite but depends on your colour.. clinique also do nice ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Don't know how I'm ever going to choose just one! Thanks for all the tips, might see if I can get a few samples to play around with before buying one. Think I'll go for a cream or liquid one, and the tip about matching to lipcolour sounds good too, thanks a mil everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

wait stop!dont go shooping yet!!you have to buy benefit benetint. It is amazing-a lovely healthy glow and is so natural-it really is fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Still at the computer, haven't gone yet! Yeah I was thinking of going to the Benefit counter, I'd heard good things about their blushers before and then when people mentioned it here it seemed like a good sign. I might just forget about the whole sensible-buying-of-samples thing and buy Benetint or Dandelion... decisions decisions...! Hope it doesn't clean out my wallet entirely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Benetint is overrated IMO. I think it is best to stick to powders if you're just starting out. If you want to avoid expensive mistakes No.7 Apricot is fab - but it does depend on your skintone.

For a going out glow try NARS multiples or Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks - these are multiple products that can be use on eyes and lips also. Ask the girls on the counters for some advice though.... Also these products are more expensive.

Bon Chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That Benetinit stuff I find is too hard to put on. MAc do nice cream blushers. Ladyblush is nice or if you want a slightly more subtle look there is one called Lilicent that I use all the time. Stila do some lovely colours too but they're quite expensive and ya only get a small amount.

Best thing to do is go in and get trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

i have to say i love the benefit benetint, its great if you use it with the pink shimmer they have cant remember the name but one of them is "moon beam", its the pink version of that, put the shimmer on the apples of your cheeks and then the stain on the cheek bone and it makes your cheek bones higher. the stain is very natural if applied properly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

probably too late...but dandelion by benefit is just wonderful i just cant praise it enough!!! so easy to apply compared to creamy types and it just looks really pretty healthy glow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The pink version of moonbeam is called high beam and it's great!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

benetint and highbeam are the two best products ever-they really are and i've sampled a lot,and i mean A LOT of different products.you just cant go wrong with them and are well worth the extra bit of dosh.
    also the best other blusher on the market is the tesco barbra daly cream blusher-amazing and her concelears are fantastic. Honestly the tesco babra daly range is amazing-their soft focus is almost as good as highbeam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

The quest for the correct blusher can be an overwhelming, and at times, incredibly heartbreaking predicament. Aren't we lucky we can discuss them at length on discussion forums?

I'd go for MAC myself.... buy one of their blusher brushes too. What's an extra €40 when it comes to attaining those perfect healthy looking cheeks, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I like Rimmel's powder blush. Where can you get Benefit make up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ClareBear wrote:
    I like Rimmel's powder blush. Where can you get Benefit make up?

Brown Thomas, BT2, arnotts and house of fraser

Advertisement