Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface

Options
  • 19-12-2005 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Saw the 1st episode of this last night and have to say i was impressed. The fact that is seems to be taking a completely different approach to an alien invasion is refreshing. I also found some parts of it errie and quite spooky.
    The scene where the 2 brothers were diving around that rig and the colossal alien\creature starts coming out of the darkness was very great

The effects are quite good and i like the way its shot (not in the Jerry Brookheimer Armageddon style that Threshold is\was)

And the fact that the aliens arent small puney looking things or not just people reprogrammed or acting as hosts is refreshing.

Looking forward to receiving the next episodes from my cousins!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I've watched the first 10eps of this and I still dont have a freaken clue as to what is going on!
    Oh and at no point is it said that its an alien invasion. Its more said that they are sub earth's suface lifeforum. The show is truely crap who little or no plot. trying to string people along like lost. It was said to me last night "its trying to be deeper that it really is"

Shallow story with crap acting, and unclear plot line after 10eps.

Bring back Threshold TBH. At least it had a clear plot that was easy to follow.. oh and good actors!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its up to episode 9 or 10 at the moment. I think out of all the new scifi-ish shows this season (Invasion, Surface, Threshold, Supernatural, Nighstalker), this one has the most promise (Threshold and Nightstalker are dead already).

It is the most enjoyable of them anyway. Some of the big special effects shots (showing the impact of the creatures on the environment) are fantastic and have a big wow factor.

Edit - I just read Suttys reply.... LOL! :)
    Ah well, I like it anyway.... give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Feckers are break again, seen up as far 10, it's quiet a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

up to episode 3 so far.
    ok it seems they might not aliens at all but evolved decendants of dinosaurs that live beneathe the surface....okay... so what was the big deal about the meteor shower and the lights in the water at the end of episode 2???
    hmmm...

and that is what pi$$ed me off... they never even go into that again, it makes no sence to have even showen that.

• Advertisement

Well its about time! After 12 eps I have found out what is going on...
    The "monsters" are made by man and some how escaped:rolleyes:

Thats actually the most plausible explanation. I would also deduce that Lee and the other suits are working for
    the corporation
    . I like the direction Miles' story is going too.... (finally there seems to be a reason for the whole Nim storyline)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sutty wrote:
    The "monsters" are made by man and some how escaped:rolleyes:

i hope you're pulling the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

sutty wrote:

Some peeps are....so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow

so like is this your first time watching sci-fi??????:rolleyes:

Scruff wrote:
    i hope you're pulling the piss.

Sadly not :( such a major let down. the only good thing in that show is the direction the Miles/Nim story arc is going.
    stag39 wrote:
    Some peeps are....so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow

so like is this your first time watching sci-fi??????

Have you even watched surface? At no point does it even go near
    being made by man
    its suggests they are from outer space or from beneath the earths crust. but never that.

• Advertisement

sutty wrote:
    Have you even watched surface? At no point does it even go near
    being made by man
    its suggests they are from outer space or from beneath the earths crust. but never that.

Yes i have and yes they have mentioned it......
    they were made by Mr. BIg an her (not a typo) and her collegues....man made genetic mutations...they made them because they could do it...simple as that...
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Does anyone know if theres a repeat of saturdays ep of surface I missed it

I think its starting to find its legs now. By episode 13,
    the meteor part of the story (from earlier in the season) is back, Miles is evolving (devolving?), and whats the story with Lee? 70 years old?
    . It still hasn't been confirmed for a second season, but I like the direction its going now. The most recent episode was the darkest yet......

Cant wait till the new series...thats if there will be a second one but its way better than invasion...which is meh!!

Season 1 isn't over yet, stag39...

14 was superb. Its gone from 2 very good story threads, to 4 excellent ones.... Next weeks episode (the season finale) is shaping up to be excellent!
    World wide catastrophe? A new Noahs Ark? Where is this story going?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Enjoyed the season finally of surface. Hope they are going to make a second season. Still think Invasion is a lot better. Better acting story etc. Didn't like some of the episodes think it was around 11 or 12. At that point i thought they ruined the story but i think E14 and E15 class.

Advertisement