Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL cap

• 19-12-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if Digiweb enforce their download caps for their landline DSL package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

They have gone a bit lax on limits lately
    They used to be terrible as in if you went a few meg over they would mail you
    and in some cases locked people to something like 64k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i've heard that they cap your speed for the rest of the month, but i heard that from someone who says that they cap p2p which is completely untrue...
    is there somewhere on their website to check your cap? i doubt i'm gonna go over it at 40gigs but it'd be nice to see how much just in case..

There is no facility to check caps on there site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

sales guy told me they can throttle your speed if you go over the limit. I assume they can only do that until the end of the month? their cap limit is for downloads and uploads as well, so 20gb is really a 10gb limit if you're a bittorrent user. I'm so tired of this bullsh*t, why can't someone provide a decent service.

deckie27 wrote:
    There is no facility to check caps on there site

are you with Digiweb deckie27? can you give me an honest opinion on them? I might be able to live with the cr*ppy caps (to be fair most places charge you so fair enough) but a good customer service and billing dept etc is essential!

• Advertisement

Well there customer service is Okish
    They close at 8pm
    some times I could have to wait for 30mins before getting through to someone.
    But generally the service is fine
    It has failed a couple of times in the 12 months I'm with them
    To be honest i'm quiet happy and have upgraded to the dsl2 package which is 2 mb down but am a bit pissed that it is still 128k up. (thought it was 256k)

but that 128k is the same with all the eircom resellers is it not?
    anyway, it's going up to 384 up in january....

Gegerty, so the advertised cap is actually in half is it? i'm on dsl2 with 40bg cap, that means i'm limited to 20gb down a month?, didn't notice that when signing up...:confused:

What Gegerty was saying is cause with torrents your ment to upload as much as you download.
    You cap is total of up and down.

I thought the eircom package was 256k up an there 2mb package

Yep as Deckie27 says, with bittorrent you upload as you download and if you want to keep a good ratio and therefore top download speeds you must upload as much as you download. you could just not upload and have cr*p speeds or use a tracker that doesn't monitor peoples uploads but you'll have brutal download speeds.

anyway, I think Digiweb are just about my only option now and after being with UTV and then BT OKish sounds super to me!

I also asked would they be upgrading their speeds when Eircom do it and was told that yes they would although they cannot guarantee because Eircom had not informed them of an imminent upgrade.

ah, that's alright so, i thought the 40gb cap was actually a 20gb up, 20gb down cap, rare;y use torrents myself so not too much of a problem...

gegerty, i was told the same by their support people on here, once eircom upgrade, then digiweb automatically upgrade, eircom are definitely upgrading, january 10th is what i was told, but i'd imagine it will be sometime within 2months after this that all exchanges are upgraded to the higher speed....

also, i've had no problems with digiweb in the 5/6 weeks i've been using them apart from a ~2 hour shortage last night, before geting them i weighed it up against the ripoff that is eircom, the mess of a billing dept that is BT, and the strictness of utv, and reckoned that it was my best option. happy with the decision so far anyway, had my line enabled and modem out to me within 4 working days of ordering online...

oh, and deckie27, no, the eircom 2mb package is 128kb up aswell according to eircom's website....

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, I think I'll give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

digiweb.
    i'm with them myself and they have been ok for the last few months anyway.
    service was down last night though :(

Advertisement