Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Videos

Options
  • 19-12-2005 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can watch the best music videos online?

I'm not talking about the latest tragedy from Shakira or whatever, but the classics like Aphex Twin and Bjork etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

think your in the wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

www.sputnik7.com is probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Richelieu

if I'm in the wrong thread please by all means direct me to the right one.

Sputnik 7 aint great at all. Cheers for trying though. Surely there must be somewhere online!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

http://www.director-file.com/

You find work by Chris Cunningham and Michel Gondry here. Two of the best in the business imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Richelieu wrote:
    if I'm in the wrong thread please by all means direct me to the right one.

The Music threads perhaps?

• Advertisement

so you don't think music video qualifies as a type of film?

Goodshape wrote:
    http://www.director-file.com/

You find work by Chris Cunningham and Michel Gondry here. Two of the best in the business imho.

Cheers man but you can't watch the videos there...

A medium of film perhaps. If you want to discuss the merits of particular music videos by maybe, but still most likely a music forum, but from what i gather you're looking for an MTV style site to watch any and all music videos.

Sorry if i've picked you up wrong.

ok, not to be pedantic but i always thought film was a medium. I would say Music video is a viable sub category of film. Some of the most innovatve tv and film work has originated there.

That is the kind of site I'm after, only a little more selective than MTV...

Indeed perhaps a wrong choice of words. Still think your looking for a music thread. if your looking for music videos for theme tunes to films or similar i reckon it's in the right thread. Otherwise maybe not. Just my opinion. Not looking to get into an argument about whether the latest J-lo vid is valid for discussion in the Films forum. but the way she shakes it I'd be inclined to say it is!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Richelieu wrote:
    Cheers man but you can't watch the videos there...
    If you look through the list of Promo's for each artist, most of them have links to the videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think this would be the better forum (Not "Thread"), but keep it legal people, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

http://videos.antville.org/

Alternative and independent videos

Advertisement