Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ho ho oh!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not true. I don't know any guy who'd differentiate between a female friend a potential (if unlikely) partner UNLESS SHE's A COMPLETE LOOPER (but they're fun too).
    Yeah, but I had a 55 year old nurse doting me today.

AAGGHHHhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In my opinion, you won't find anything liek this if you actually look for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

although on a more positive note (for me) my friend told me he likes me, i had no idea, really i didnt..he has a gfm so its wrong timing, but still nice to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Victor wrote:
    Yeah, but I had a 55 year old nurse doting me today.

AAGGHHHhhhh!!!!!
    Rar.... You stud ;)

Reading this thread made me feel better. :) Something about this time of year makes people lonely... it's like all those couples seem to suddenly pop out of nowhere and start getting all cuddly around now and leave the rest of us to feel like ****e....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

andrew163 wrote:
    Rar.... You stud ;)
    No, no, imagine pre-retirement nun and you'll get that "I don't want to have sex" feeling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

In my opinion, you won't find anything liek this if you actually look for it.

Sorry are you talking about the 55year old doting nurse or me wanting a nice warm hug from a special someone on christmas day?Just go up to the mater and you'll find your nurse methinks. It really is sods law that its either a famine or a feast when it comes to finding a fella. Its wierd cos most of the time im 100%happy being my little single self,i like spending time by myself ,but i spose it is nice knowing sometimes that a guy likes you as a bit more than a friend etc or someone nice in a pub asks you out.Even though its sweet what white rabbit has said i find it near impossibe to kiss someone on a night out.Went to coppers with me mates on monday night and i was the only one who didnt kiss anyone.I had a great chat with loadsa lads and was really having the craic,but then they'd go score someone else:confused: This happens all the time,maybe someone has some tips for me so i can get that lucrative new years kiss:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

panda100 wrote:
    Sorry are you talking about the 55year old doting nurse or me wanting a nice warm hug from a special someone on christmas day?Just go up to the mater and you'll find your nurse methinks. It really is sods law that its either a famine or a feast when it comes to finding a fella. Its wierd cos most of the time im 100%happy being my little single self,i like spending time by myself ,but i spose it is nice knowing sometimes that a guy likes you as a bit more than a friend etc or someone nice in a pub asks you out.Even though its sweet what white rabbit has said i find it near impossibe to kiss someone on a night out.Went to coppers with me mates on monday night and i was the only one who didnt kiss anyone.I had a great chat with loadsa lads and was really having the craic,but then they'd go score someone else:confused: This happens all the time,maybe someone has some tips for me so i can get that lucrative new years kiss:)

You could be a bit stand-offish! Some girls are like that! Us guys need some sort of a signal that its OK to make a move!

Some girls come accross as being really up their own arse with their attitude and body language!

Alot of Dublin girls are like that unforunately! but of course not all are. You seem a nice girl. So perhaps you need to let your guard down a little!

I could be totally wrong though as I am no expert¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭sobriquet

panda100 wrote:
    had a great chat with loadsa lads and was really having the craic,but then they'd go score someone else:confused: This happens all the time
    Yeah, I've got that inumerable times, though mind you I don't think I qualify as 'hot' so maybe the situation is different. :p

I will say that on occasion I've been talking to girls I fancy but don't make a move because it seems like they might simply be nice friendly people and probably attached, ie they're not necessarily chatting because they're interested in me. If that's the case I'd feel like a bit of an asshole saying, 'So you gotta boyfriend?' when we're getting along grand and friendly. I'd hate to get a response like, 'So that's what you're into, huh? You seemed sound a few minutes ago. Later.' Or to that effect.

So, maybe you're just being too friendly and not flirty...
    py2006 wrote:
    You could be a bit stand-offish!
    Could be it too. I've been accused of it myself, and can't deny it. It isn't intentional though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

panda100 wrote:
    Sorry are you talking about the 55year old doting nurse or me wanting a nice warm hug from a special someone on christmas day?

Sorry, I was talking to you..
    If you go out with the aim of looking for someone, it won't work.
    Not that the 'right' person comes out of the blue but if you do it as above you'll probably end up with the wrong person/type of person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Camus.

These feelings shall pass, just remember to keep smiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

If you're as hot as Panda it takes barely a nod to a guy and he'll follow, no questions asked
    ... I think we needs pics to prove this panda ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

go to the ucd forum then.

Sangre wrote:
    go to the ucd forum then.
    but that would involve searching and stuff... :o

well no poontang for you then

Sangre wrote:
    well no poontang for you then
    damn! ;)

Im sure panda appreciates you talking about her like that :D

• Advertisement

im sure it doesnt mind

Sangre wrote:
    im sure it doesnt mind
    bold Sangre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ehh, back on 'topic' please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A couple of things...
    panda100 wrote:
    However,I am the youngest of five in my family, and its really tough when year after year all your other sisters are bringing home their boyfriends around on xmas eve and have great plans for new years and im the one left out again.

Do not let your lack of a relationship at this point in time to define who you are. As White Rabbit said earlier
    you're a slim, tall, blond who's studying medicine

So I'm guessing your intelligent (survived medicine this long), you're good looking (yep, snuck a look at the UCD forum as suggested by Sangre, please stop guring in your photos, it does you no justice...;) ) and you've a good circle of friends, so you're personable. Sounds like a pretty good combination and you should take confidence from that.

I've never brought anyone home to my family, mainly because they are such an embarressment. Seriously, my brother was 27 and seeing his (now)wife for a year before they arrived at home, he just didn't see the point of introducing her to us until they knew each other well enough. At that stage he reckoned nothing we could do would put her off...
    panda100 wrote:
    There's a lot of guys i do think i quite like in college that id be good friends with but no asks me out or trys to kiss me on nights out

Here's a thought...why not ask them out? Maybe they value you as a friend and are afraid to risk that by making a move on you in case you reject them? I was in na similar situation with a good female friend of mine, we hovered on the edge of friendship/something more but never really acted on it. She's married now...:o

Anyway, new years is nearly upon us, leave your worries at home and grab the nicest looking unattached bloke you can find wherever you end up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Well your not alone there i got that a bit last night when my granparents parents, sister & fiance, sister and boyfried and me were all watching the t.v. Nothing worse than being the 9th wheel i tell ya. But these things change as was said in the film lightning can strike at any moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dimitri wrote:
    Well your not alone there i got that a bit last night when my granparents parents, sister & fiance, sister and boyfried and me were all watching the t.v. Nothing worse than being the 9th wheel i tell ya. But these things change as was said in the film lightning can strike at any moment!

Well christmas wasnt too bad but had to come home a bit early tonight cos just couldnt take the boyfriend situation anymore-me 3 sisters and there other halfs and then me bro who has girls hanging off him always.But anywho panda stuck it in till midnight and then it all got a bit too much.Kinda pleased xmas is over now and hopefully all those soppy christmas pressie buying couples will go back into their boxes for another year!my new years resolution is definatly gonna be to take a bit more of a risk and be a bit more brazen when it comes to asking guys out-watch out Dublin-here panda comes!!

...thats the spirit :p

Advertisement