Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STI Tests and Life Insurance.

• 19-12-2005 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right area of boards, but I have recently been told that when filling out a life insurance form it asks 'Have you ever had an STI test' and if the answer is yes then the insurance company loads your policy.
    To me this sounds preposterous in this day and age and I am thinking the person who told me might be not as knowledgeable as I thought.

Can anyone confirm or deny this possible rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have heard this mentioned also. Having never signed for life assurance I cant be sure either. But it sounds like crap, I would say a high percentage of people would have had a test at some stage, its being cautious, and how could they possibly know, doctors records are confidential and are not the STD clinics anonymous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yea, I had one done before, the whole lot...HIV and all, my doc advised me at the time that if ever asked to say that I hadn't as it could cause problems with Insurance etc...
    My doc didn't put my real name on the test so I presume that makes all the difference :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I would be interested in hearing from people who do have life assurance about this issue too. I have heard that they specifically ask if you have had a HIV test and then load if the answer is yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I had to fill in a policy application earlier this year and it was asked on it. I can't recall if it just asked about an STI test or if it specified a HIV test. In either event I don't work in the insurance industry so I can't tell you for definite if it would cause a load on your premium or would reduce it.

Advertisement