Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuses search - Help?

Options
  • 19-12-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Im looking for fuses for my car. they are shaped like torpedoes, about 1" long, I have tried several motor factors but no luck. Does anyone know where They can be purchased. I need them over the next day or 2, so online is no good.
    Any help would be appreciated - ds20, im lookin your way ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

do they look like these?

2345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Yep, thats them... can i have some - :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Sorry dude, since posting I realise that I don't have any of them around!
    AFIK Halfrauds sell them but I personally have always liberated them from scrap yards.

Cool, ill fly over to them now... cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They are the type used in the old mini - I have some and can post them but you would be quicker going to a breakers. I was going to suggest you go to a Rover garage but they are a bit extinct these days...

'c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Afaik maplin do them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yep Halfords have them, most decent factors do too though !

Got em... off one of the service van drivers here, they use them in the road sweepers, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

You can always take the old blown one and wrap tinfoil solvered cigarette paper about the old body, and so long as the short is fixed, will not give any problem while you are obtaining the real item.
    Terrible fuse type them also, good riddance.

Advertisement