Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all over the place

Options
  • 19-12-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

I was browsing around the other day from space cadets forums to scrapheap to robert lellwyn's home page, where he's releaseing chapters of his book about being in RD, I never realised before that he only joined in the third series I've watched load of RD? I never realised how all over the place that show was, how many changes it went through, a different krython, a different holly, a new kachinsky, revamps and changes to red drwarf and star bugs, rimmer not being in it for most of one series? silly explainations for the changes, a star wars like reduxing of the special effects, redoing all the intros for the US....

im very tempted to the get the dvds now :)

gosh this forum is busy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Have series 1 -6 on dvd - great stuff!!

Yea Kryten shows up initially at the start of Series 2 I think - but played by a different actor... he looks similar with a square head but for some reason they went a bit overboard on the lipstick! :D Thats it then - next appearance is in Series 3 with Robert Llwylennwylennn (or whatever) - much better! He really makes the rest of the series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Kryton was in the first episode of series 2 (funnily enough the episode was called "Kryton")

He was played by the voice of Talky Toaster :)

He left Red Dwarf on Lister's hover-cycle thingy at the end after being taught how to rebel

The scrolling Star Wars style thing at the start of Series 3 explains that they found him crashed on a moon but his brain was destroyed and they had to install a new personality... hence the different Kryten

Kochanski was originally played by Claire Grogan but the Kochanski they brought in from Series 7 onwards is meant to be from a paralled dimension where she's married to Lister.

I reckin that's their excuse for the different actors...

And yeh it does jump around and change a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Anyone got a transcript or link to that Season 3 opening Star Wars thingy. Finally, managed to catch that episode on some satellite channel the other day but didn't realise it scrolled so fast and of course, I forgot to tape it!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Advertisement