Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecturers Canteen

• 19-12-2005 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

anybody see the new lecturers canteen upstairs by our canteen? it used to be a classroom but now they boarded up the windows and gave them their own private little eatery! what does eveyone think of this development?

IMO, its just going backwards to the days when they had the rope divide upstairs in the canteen, except its worse!! back then, at least we all shared the same kitchen so all the focus was put on that kitchen. now, when the new one opened, we had no menu's coz they were too busy workin on the lecturers canteen!

Dont get me wrong, its not as if i do or dont wanna sit near lecturers. i dont really care, but the whole thing (having their own private canteen) reeks of having a class system in the college!!

Wonder what JP McArdle would think of this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

snobs are they eating the same food as the students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

bman, what say you an i barge in beginning of next term and demand croutons and smoked salmon?! THAT'LL SHOW EM LIOKE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

havent seen it myself. personally i couldnt give a crap as long as theres enough chips for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

If its true its absolutly wrong, and infact gives weight to some of mrjetlags comments, ie the lecturars being removed from the students, a class system if ever i saw one, are the students not good enough for them? i've neverseen them being harassed, i thought the whole point of 3rd level education was to be treated like peers and hence learn and grow in a comfortable envoirnament? unlike 2nd level where your made to feel inferior to the teaching staff, a grave step in reverse IMO, ps. sorry for the spelling etc in a hurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i agree thats its wrong, i tried going in there last week just to see what the story was and I was refused. What a waste of funding tbh. The students union probably agreeded to all this knowing the gang of losers that they are. :( There was also a lack of scones this week upstaris I seen also since they probably think lecturers are the only one's who eat them. Definately going back to the old days with the rope divide which was ridiculous.

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    The students union probably agreeded to all this knowing the gang of losers that they are. :(

well nows your chance to prove how bad they are. it seems there is a bit of unrest over this, so make a complaint and see what action they take. this is one situation where they can be judged directly with past su's.

don't particularly see the big problem.. the lecturers having their own room means there's more seats available for the rest of us.

can't say i'm going to miss not eating with the staff, tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I only heard about the new canteen on here, so I havent seen it in person. But to be honest about it I dont really care if they have there own canteen or not, to hell with them, let them have it, no skin off my nose.

Just my opinion :)

CroppyBoy1798

s4dd wrote:
    don't particularly see the big problem.. the lecturers having their own room means there's more seats available for the rest of us.

can't say i'm going to miss not eating with the staff, tbh..

agreed.

i spend at most ten minutes in the canteen every day, the presence of or lack of presence of lecturers is the last thing on my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

Well for what its worth heres my 2 cents

Why would you want to dine with a bunch of boring old
    useless farts anyway ?

Seriously though if it does p*ss you off then vote with your wallet.

Don't buy their food.

Go to Supermacs / Mickey D's / Order Pizza from Pizza Hut or whatever is in Carlow now

Eat it in front of the canteen staff and then leave it for them to clean up.

It'll really piss them off

or

If you really want to f*ck it up

Everybody bring back your Carlow IT canteen food at the same time and say it's cold/ got hairs (pubes) in it / tastes crap and you want a refund.
    The place will grind to a standstill !!!!!!!!

'HA HA HA EVER GET THE FEELIN YOU'VE BEEN CHEATED" - JOHNNY ROTTEN

• Advertisement

MrJetlag:

You're an idiot.

Love,

Hi Paul

Had a look at your homepage

Glad to see your christmas 'AGM was a great success. Many thanks to Brian (kain) in his organisation of the venune and food.

By the way its venue.

Ever heard of spellcheck.

Lots of festive hugs and idiot kisses right back at you
    :cool:

Jetlag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hahahahahahahahaha my jaysus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Why is this tosser still here? Jetlag, feck off elsewhere with your sh!te. ;)

Like everyone is going to go downtown for lunch and pay double. Big swinging mickey I say, As long as we still get half decent food at an alright price I couldn't care where the lectures eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Poor Jetlag i still love you x x x x
    Any way who cares whether they sit beside us or in another room, the food is still gonna be the same, the prices the same the union still crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The_Goose wrote:
    Poor Jetlag i still love you x x x x
    Any way who cares whether they sit beside us or in another room, the food is still gonna be the same, the prices the same the union still crap

Aren't you finished college? So why should you care?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Yeah so, what you saying. That i ve no life and need to just join in when the topic has nothing really got to do with me , is that what your sayin? Cause if thats what your sayin.............leave me alone :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

blah de blah, i'm locked

Hello my fine feathered friends

I got my hands on a B52 bomber over the weekend (as you do) and we've shot Carlow-IT the movie.

You can download the trailer of the college been nuked at this link

Enjoy

Jetlag

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AWAONQFUT0WT06KKSRNXVHS1V

Next stop Middle Earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

:D:D:D:D

Aww MrJetlag, you have FARRRRRRRR too much time on your hands!

Keep 'em coming :p

CroppyBoy1798

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

The_B_Man wrote:
    anybody see the new lecturers canteen upstairs by our canteen? it used to be a classroom but now they boarded up the windows and gave them their own private little eatery! what does eveyone think of this development?

IMO, its just going backwards to the days when they had the rope divide upstairs in the canteen, except its worse!! back then, at least we all shared the same kitchen so all the focus was put on that kitchen. now, when the new one opened, we had no menu's coz they were too busy workin on the lecturers canteen!

Dont get me wrong, its not as if i do or dont wanna sit near lecturers. i dont really care, but the whole thing (having their own private canteen) reeks of having a class system in the college!!

Wonder what JP McArdle would think of this!

I agree this does reek of having a class system in the college.
    I say we implement an alternative class system.
    It would run along the lines of the film "logan's run".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

daithimac wrote:
    It would run along the lines of the film "logan's run".
    Can I be a sandman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

This new canteen, is it in the D block (red buildin) or the C block (grey buildin painted wite) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

It's in the C block. It used to be a drawing room or I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye it is at the corner of the C block right beside where the lectureres used to eat. the windows r blocked off but u can see into the kitchen! thats the only way u'd know its a canteen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you can see in when your in ther canteen. there's a wall of windows on that side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Used to be my drawing room. :( I miss ITC. All gone CAD now so don't need a draughting room I suppose. And it is wrong, students should be aloud to mutter behind lecturers' backs at lunch. Making ppl paranoid is fun!!!

Advertisement