Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone RTG - GPRS ISP now available (for Email, Web etc.)

• 19-12-2005 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey Folks,

Having some problems getting my email access on a Vodafone RTG Samsung ZV10. After setting up my email servers account settings in the phone and selecting the "ISP GPRS" profile, I still get an error "Connection Failed" when i try to send the mail.

I had a look through the sticky post at the top of this forum but the ISP details seemed to be for Post-Pay Vodafone customers. And after a quick call into a Voda store the guy at the counter said he thinks that they don't support ISP GPRS access for pre-pay customers any more. (tho i hope this aint true)

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it.

cheers,
    ~cambo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

cambo wrote:
    the guy at the counter said he thinks that they don't support ISP GPRS access for pre-pay customers any more. (tho i hope this aint true)

Unforunately he's 100% correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

cambo wrote:
    And after a quick call into a Voda store the guy at the counter said he thinks that they don't support ISP GPRS access for pre-pay customers any more.

any more? Vodafone have never supported it! both O2 and Meteor support GPRS ISP for pre-pay customers (but it isn't cheap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cambo

any more? Vodafone have never supported it! both O2 and Meteor support GPRS ISP for pre-pay customers (but it isn't cheap)
    According to the guy at the counter in Voda, Dun Laoghaire he said that it used be open to Pre-pay customers but they've since blocked it.

Time to go and hassle Vodafone Data Support and see if they have any plans to open it up in the future.

cambo wrote:
    According to the guy at the counter in Voda, Dun Laoghaire he said that it used be open to Pre-pay customers but they've since blocked it.

sorry to say, the advice / info provided by personnel in their stores doesn't always reflect reality ;)

you can dial-up, but you'll only get a low speed (CSD) connection, as they only support higher speed (HSCSD) for post-pay customers (save a handful their data support set up in error when requested)
    cambo wrote:
    Time to go and hassle Vodafone Data Support and see if they have any plans to open it up in the future.

yesh, that's the best place to ask, post back if you get any updates, loads of people on RTG looking access to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cambo

Well Vodafone Data Support Officially Rock :)

Gave them a ring and a very nice CustSupport person told me that they have recently opened up ISP.voda to their prepay customers however it requires an Addition to your customer profile. 2 mins later she had my details ammended and I had ISP access to my email.

~cambo

• Advertisement

great news - thanks for posting the info back - that's going to make a lot of people happy :)

Voda Data Support can be contacted on: LoCall 1850 287 000 (Business Hours)

wonder why Voda held out so long opening it up... especially when the others were offering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Wow! This is great news!
    Took their time alright. Actually never thought they would do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's been available for a few months now and I'm amazed it's taken people on this board this long to notice!! :D Didn't think they'd officially launched it but if the data support guys are talking about it I guess the marketing guys must be happy enough to let it out into the open...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Meteor refused to set it up on my C500 on prepay :( I want to use MSN on it but can't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

give internetacces@meteor.ie an email

Darragh

• Advertisement

BigMoose wrote:
    It's been available for a few months now and I'm amazed it's taken people on this board this long to notice!! :D

yeah?... available to whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

All RTG subscribers. If you run out of credit then top up you'll get the ISP APN added. Hence I wondered if people would notice, I wasn't expecting any boards phsycics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

its says on the describtion of the phone on the vodafone site that it doesnt like yaz are all saying up there likkke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

what i used to do with my nokia 3510i was send multimedia emails
    it works with vodafone and all you have to do is enter the email address

Advertisement