Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding A Radio?

• 19-12-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I know this is a stupid question thats why I will ask it:rolleyes: . Would it be possible to add a radio to the case on your computer and have it powered by your computer? If so, where would I get a suitable radio?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

If you get a TV tuner card can usually tune FM and AM aswell, so there'd be no need. www.thinkgeek.com sell a tape deck that'll fit in a 5.25" drive bay if that floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

If you get a TV tuner card can usually tune FM and AM aswell, so there'd be no need. www.thinkgeek.com sell a tape deck that'll fit in a 5.25" drive bay if that floats your boat.

thats pretty cool, id love to get 1 of them... bit pricey though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL all this techincal advance and people want a tape deck in their computer!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

gline wrote:
    thats pretty cool, id love to get 1 of them... bit pricey though :(
    So you'll spend nearly €1600 on two graphics cards but that is expensive! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

WizZard wrote:

Thats what I was thinking :confused:

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:

yeh but they arent audio tape players :D

Other shops sell similar PC tape decks for more like €80 as far as I know. thinkgeek are extortionate, but the only place I could think of.

Other shops sell similar PC tape decks for more like €80 as far as I know. thinkgeek are extortionate, but the only place I could think of.

u dont know any off hand??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

winfast expert tv 2000 card (not exact name) is very very good. Can get good radio and telly and record mpgs and mp3s from same. also allows you to record from tape players etc via line in with good software bundle. only about 50 euro. got mine on overclockers.co.uk. Best card you can get without its own processor (which ups the price a lot)

allows audio recordings of up to 3072 kbps

Hmmm nope. Can't seem to find them for cheap. I read about one in a review before and I think it had an RRP of around $90. Mustn't be anywhere around here selling them anywhere near that price though. Best I could find was €150 from a UK place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert (Inc. Remote Control) TV Card - Retail (VE-001-LT)
    Price: £27.95 (£32.84 Including VAT at 17.5%)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/TV_Cards.html

check out the reviews. I am very happy with mine. You will need a lot of processing power if you want to make decent quality mpgs is the only thing. telly and radio and software is excellent as is recorded audio

Advertisement