Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless Broadband in Dublin 9?

• 19-12-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

I tried Irish Broadband for the address but they only have Breeze avialable, I'm lookin for something like Ripwave. Clearwire don't have coverage at the address either!

any ideas?

Cheers!

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

Well I'm in D5 with Irish Broadband but they are known to be crap however the connection I have is amazing :) :cool:

I have breeze. Why don't you get that one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

raheny red wrote:
    Well I'm in D5 with Irish Broadband but they are known to be crap however the connection I have is amazing :) :cool:

I have breeze. Why don't you get that one??

Its actually for a friend, she is only renting the place so its better to get Ripwave as you can take it with you. Also there is no antenna to go up on the roof!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

whizzbang wrote:
    Its actually for a friend, she is only renting the place so its better to get Ripwave as you can take it with you. Also there is no antenna to go up on the roof!

I dont think there has ever been a favourable post here for Ripwave.

dub45 wrote:
    I dont think there has ever been a favourable post here for Ripwave.

I have se ti up in my sisters house, sharing a connection with a couple of laptops and they seem to think its grand! Not very demanding but people can surf and read emails fine.

So there's one positive post! ;)

J

whizzbang wrote:
    I have se ti up in my sisters house, sharing a connection with a couple of laptops and they seem to think its grand! Not very demanding but people can surf and read emails fine.

So there's one positive post! ;)

J

Nah a positive post is when it comes from the horse's mouth.:)

I am always sceptical about someone who knows someone whose third cousin finds it grand!

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Nah a positive post is when it comes from the horse's mouth.:)

I am always sceptical about someone who knows someone whose third cousin finds it grand!

Well I set it up for them and hooked it into a wifi network. I used the connection quite a few times and have not got any calls from they saying it wasn't working (and as you know, familys have not problems with calling when something doesn't work! ;) )

J

whizzbang wrote:
    Well I set it up for them and hooked it into a wifi network. I used the connection quite a few times and have not got any calls from they saying it wasn't working (and as you know, familys have not problems with calling when something doesn't work! ;) )

J

Thats because their voip is not working:)

dub45 wrote:
    Thats because their voip is not working:)

yeah, I didnt try "that hard" to get the VOIP working ;)

J

Advertisement