Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you ever asked about your job when applying for a licence?

Options
  • 19-12-2005 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Do they ever ask about what work you do when you apply for a licence? Has anyone here ever been asked & would your job make any difference when considering your application for a licence? I will be applying for a shotgun licence. Any help anyone can give me appreciated.
    Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

I was asked. I assumed it was just letting the FO and the Super know a little more about me. I didn't mind, since the tax man knows where I work.

A shotgun won't raise that many eyebrows.
    Before you apply you'll need the following,
    Receipt of purchased Shotgun,
    2 letters of permission of land you wish to shoot
    safe

To add a little more weight to the application,
    Membership of a gun club,
    Insurance, you get that when you join a club included in the fee,
    Monitored alarm (eg Eircom Phonewatch)

Anyone disagree with the above? Please let me know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My ocupation went down on the form, I don't mind. I told the garda a fair bit about my self as he didnt know me and I was asking for a full bore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

pretty much the first thing the cop asked me and when i went to pick the licence up mentioned it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

when you went to pick up the license he asked you?
    I don't think he likes you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Riggser wrote:
    when you went to pick up the license he asked you?
    I don't think he likes you.

i did get that impression but my job and my appearance do not "match" in a lot of people's eyes!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement