Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb's DNS servers keeled over?

• 19-12-2005 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

I guess Digiweb had some excitement tonight. My guess is that their name servers went on holiday and left some of us hanging.

Did the web come to a stand still for the rest of you (Metro) users too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm on over-the-phoneline DSL with digiweb and it was down from 8 this evening till about 15mins ago. living outside Maynooth in Kildare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

ya i was wondering why i couldnt get online. On DSL here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 box-boy

is it usually good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

box-boy wrote:
    is it usually good?

Having your connection go down for whatever reason is never good, especially when you are using it at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

yes i experienced the same issues with digiweb last night.
    i did some diagnotics on the line and it said it was up.
    however i coundn't ping any sites by dns name. i didn't have any ip's memorised, perhaps i should keep a local copy of all ip's for the future in favourites.
    any good tools for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

some sites loaded for me, but i was assuming it was my bad connection untill i done a speed test and i was ok.

Advertisement