Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[irl & uk]Boone & Plane*possible spoilers*

• 19-12-2005 11:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When he was making the distress call before the plane fell off the cliff and crushed him did he get a reply?

Was just rewatching it there but could only make out bits. The other person defo says flight number and what sounds like "we are the survivors". Can any one else make out what is said?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

yes

but later eps

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Can I ask why a spoiler tag was put in place?

The episode has aired all ready in both Ireland and the UK.

I havent seen any of the 2nd series but I dont think I've given anything away since it referes to something that has happened in the 1st and has be aired already.

Just want to know for future reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Somebody could come along an post spoilers maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

kearnsr wrote:
    Can I ask why a spoiler tag was put in place?

The episode has aired all ready in both Ireland and the UK.

I havent seen any of the 2nd series but I dont think I've given anything away since it referes to something that has happened in the 1st and has be aired already.

Just want to know for future reference
    I just wanted to keep the US viewers from posting Season 2 things...

I have a very good reason that any US viewer will understand... You'll thank me later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

isnt it better that they hear the truth from one of us, than a mistruth from someone else ? Damon Lindelof admitted there was a f*** up on sound editing in that scene, so much so that it got redubbed for the later recap episode, us Season2'ers know why its such an important line, i do think casual irl/uk watchers should know what it is...

of course though, it should definitely be spoilerified, to prevent people unnescessarily being spoiled if they dont want to know

• Advertisement

herobear wrote:
    isnt it better that they hear the truth from one of us, than a mistruth from someone else ? Damon Lindelof admitted there was a f*** up on sound editing in that scene, so much so that it got redubbed for the later recap episode, us Season2'ers know why its such an important line, i do think casual irl/uk watchers should know what it is...

of course though, it should definitely be spoilerified, to prevent people unnescessarily being spoiled if they dont want to know
    Why should people be told?

I don't see how it makes a difference if it was redone or not...

It fits into the storyline... Please do NOT post spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

herobear wrote:

Haven't you already spoiled it yourself by saying seanson 2 watchers know it's an important line. It doesn't take too long a line of thinking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FX Meister wrote:
    Haven't you already spoiled it yourself by saying seanson 2 watchers know it's an important line. It doesn't take too long a line of thinking.

Yeah well I reckon I can figure out whats happening.

Getting series 2 in iceland on Monday so wont have to wait that long. Big American Air Force base there and they get American TV over there 2. Who needs American Cousins when you've got friends in Iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I haven't watched any of Season two. I rewatched that little bit a few times myself, and it does seem to be someone saying "We're the survivors of the flight oceanic 815". The other stuff said is just stuff like "Repeat your transmission". Also, the voice sounds strangly like Boon's voice (although that could just be me being paranoid, it's pretty hard to judge the voice).

But how the hell were the batteries in a 25 year old radio still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

FX Meister wrote:
    But how the hell were the batteries in a 25 year old radio still working?
    because it's a tv show.

FX Meister wrote:
    Not really, even at the original time of airing (US and IRL) everyone was discussing the significance of the transmission... We all know there's going to be some explanation in season 2, even if we don't know when...

No-one who's watching season 1 on Channel 4 or who watched it on RTE will know the context

because it's a tv show.
    I still don't get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mallard

FX Meister wrote:
    I still don't get it?

It was a coconut radio, they last for ever.

Advertisement