Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Awards 2007 - Charter and Process [PLEASE READ]

• 20-12-2005 1:10am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This forum is, fairly obviously, going to be guided by the Film charter. Please read that before posting.

Firstly, in a change from last year, I won't be bothering with nominations for categories. Over the last two years, they've been refined enough and given the relative lack of interest in that phase, it's not worth the additional hassle this year.

As a result, the film awards will be split into two phases:

Phase 1: Nominations - Provisionally: 12/1/2007 - 25/1/2007

In this phase, nominations will begin in each of the categories. This will be kept nice and simple:

Each user can vote for a maximum of two, and only two, nominations for a particular category unless stated otherwise. Any further nominations will be ignored.
    A nominated film must have aired in Irish cinemas within the last year. For the sake of completeness, I'll extend this to include any movies in the cinema that are airing in the cinemas during this time, but that were technically released here in 2007.

Depending on the amount of votes in a particular category, the Top 3-5 will be placed into a poll for Phase 3 - Voting. In the case of a tie, it's the decision of myself and Karl who goes in and who goes out. No ifs, no buts. These threads will be subsequently closed then.

Feel free to discuss why you're nominating, but don't start bitching about other people's choices. I won't like that.

Phase 2: Voting - Provisionally: 26/1/2007 - 8/2/2007

The fun bit. The nominations are locked in now. Voting will be conducted in typical boards poll style. The voting will be anonymous to stop people bitching. In the unlikely case of a tie in a category, I get to decide the winner.

Voters can feel free to comment on the directions the votes are taking, but try and make the posts constructive. Posts consisting of "i luv 'I Am Legend' " are not worth my brain's time processing and will be deleted.

When the final date hits, the polls will be shut down and a list of the winners published.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement