Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML DOM support

Options
  • 20-12-2005 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i have a xml/php script that i want to upload on my server but in order for it to work it requires that DOM support is activated. i'm not quite sure what this actually requires. I have sent a email to my web hosts regarding this but they are notoriously slow to respond and google doesn't have the answers for me. What is required to activate DOM support?

The server i use is apache hosted with php4 if it makes any odds?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm guessing you'll be looking at either DOM functions (part of the PHP core, no need for external libraries), or the older DOM XML functions (which require a special compilation with the GNOME XML library installed.

Hard to say without seeing the script, though.

EDIT: Looking at the documentation, it seems that DOM functions may be PHP5+, so it may be more likely to be the DOM XML.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

cheers aidan, thanks for the quick response. I will take a read thru those documents.

Advertisement