Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Navy using dolphins and other animals as weapons

Options
  • 20-12-2005 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Read more here.

What do you think? I think it's pretty sick and disgusting to use friendly and intelligent animals like dolphins for the purpose of warfare. But then again, this is America we're talking about..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The russians have been doing it for years too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't think they'd have de-classified it if they were doing anything that could get them into trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

what´s new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

In WW2 the russians trained dogs to look for their dinner under tanks when a whistle was blown, then they took the dogs to the front strapped explosives onto the dogs and blew a whistle. Unfortunately they didn't realise that the dogs could tell the difference between russian and german tanks. Afterwards they trained the dogs using captured german tanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Dogs are companion animals and take pride and joy in getting trained and praised. I think it is not so easy to do that with Dolphins although I could be wrong as a nice portion of fish for a good dolphin might be just what they need to make him become a kamikaze - dolphin.

It gives me the shiver thinking that animals are used as bait for wars of any kind:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

agreed tj-music It's sickening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Dolphins love training games and will play happily with a trusted human - see Karen Pryor's book Lads Before the Wind, about how she learned to train animals in a dolphinarium.

The idea of people training animals so they can blow the animals up *almost* makes you wish there were really a Hell.

Advertisement