Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Satisfaction LOL

Options
  • 20-12-2005 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I requested a copy of my MBNA Credit Card Statement for the month of April 2004. Here is the text of the letter i got in return with the copy of the March statement.

Dear Mr RuggieBear,

Account : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent request for copy statements from your account.

Please find enclosed the statements as requested. We are unable to provide April 2004 statement due to retrieval issues.

I trust that this is satisfactory, however should you have any further queries, please contact our 24 hour Customer Satisfaction department on freephone XXXXXXXX.

Yours sincerely,

Miss MBNA
    Customer Satisfaction Manager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

RuggieBear wrote:
    I trust that this satisfactory

You ask for something specific.
    They send you something else.
    Then they say "this is alright though, isn't it?

Excellent. Just one more reason I'm glad I didn't go with MBNA!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

great innit?:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Rubbish company. I got fed up requesting a letter from them to say that I'd paid my stamp duty for the year.

And they're legally obliged to send one. They just ignore my letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

WOW I'm surprised with that. I've been with them for several years now and I've found them to be super efficient with all my queries.

Mind you they really let themselves down on your query. It looks like a computer (or someone who has only reached the 'how to fill in a form letter' part of the training.) dealt with your question. A badly put together form letter is a poor response.

Cal.

Cal wrote:

Mind you they really let themselves down on your query. It looks like a computer (or someone who has only reached the 'how to fill in a form letter' part of the training.) dealt with your question. A badly put together form letter is a poor response.

Cal.

That's just it...the letter is so poor and obviously half arsed it annoyed me enough to ring them and complain about it. If it had been apologetic and maybe mentioned the reason they were unable to get my statements, i'd have been annoyed but wouldn't have been so irked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Hey, I didn't think that Ruggie Bear was your real name ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Have you tried www.mbnanetaccess.ie? You can access all your old statements there can't you... although I'm not sure if it goes back as far as you want.

But yes... stupid letter.

Culchie wrote:
    Hey, I didn't think that Ruggie Bear was your real name ! :eek:

lol

and what were the odds on a Miss MBNA.....

Have you tried www.mbnanetaccess.ie? You can access all your old statements there can't you... although I'm not sure if it goes back as far as you want.

But yes... stupid letter.

yeah i tried that....:( only last 6months

tis all my own fault tho really as i what i need is some crazy paypal validation code which i totally forgot about at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I applied for a card online heard nothing then 4 weeks later it arrived - that was 4 weeks ago. As soon as I got the card I called to activate it then went online and requested a direct debit mandate. The mandate only arrived today and was only posted this week!! I hadn't gotten around to canceling the BOI on but I reckon I'm going to just cancel the MBNA one now after reading some of the threads on here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

still they have the lowest interest rates of any of the irish cards
    mbna 10.9 vs aib 15.5 (or near that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I think (in fairness) that MBNA have had a positive influence on the credit card market and are by no means the worst.

Their track record and customer service is excellent (in my opinion)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Slightly off topic,I also hear they are very good to work for.I think they were in the top 10 company's to work for in Ireland,according to some survey done couple of years ago,I remember reading about there employee benefit's and it was pretty impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

If you are considering MBNA, make sure you know all about their charges.

For example, if you have a €61 bill, and you pay €60, they will charge you something like €12-18 for a missed payment, and then a further charge of I think €15 for every 12 days the payment is late.

AIB, in this regard, are much better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cal wrote:
    WOW I'm surprised with that. I've been with them for several years now and I've found them to be super efficient with all my queries.
    Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

turbot wrote:
    For example, if you have a €61 bill, and you pay €60, they will charge you something like €12-18 for a missed payment, and then a further charge of I think €15 for every 12 days the payment is late.

Thats nonsense. If you make no payment at all you will be liable for a penelty payment but if you make the min. monthly payment you pay only what ever interest is charged

Advertisement