Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time of the year again - biggest dissapointment of the year

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Ciaran500 wrote:
    OH MY GOD, IT WORKED!!! http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

That is so freaky.

oops sorry didnt know that was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I'm gonna say PSP as well. Not becasue of the hardware, but the extreme lack of games.

Hopefully Sony will pull their thumb out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As a GAA fan, I have to say Gaelic Games Football. What a load of cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

The lack of a single Duke Nukem Forever screenshot. I thought this would be the year for DNF, maybe next year!

Lord Oz wrote:
    The lack of a single Duke Nukem Forever screenshot. I thought this would be the year for DNF, maybe next year!

Are they still supposed to be making that? It was supposed to be on the way nearly ten years ago.

I remember the trouble me and my mate got into for loading Duke Nukem 3D onto all the computers in our school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lord Oz wrote:
    I think they said somewhere they would be at next years E3. Could 2006 be the year of Duke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Lord Oz wrote:

that game is surely been sh.it canned by now...:eek:
    its gone throught about 3 engine changes and even if it was released now it will wud look sh.ite :D then to release it next year! wit the likes of ut2k7, mgs4(i think thats an fps),oblivion, halo3 on the way HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MGS4 isn't a FPS (and its probably not out next year), mabye Duke Nukeum forever looks better than all these, we won't know till they start to show stuf from the latest build. Last I heard they were implementing a very powerful physics engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

XBox 360. I was expecting better graphics from the next generation of consoles. It's no better than a new PC.

Blisterman wrote:
    XBox 360. I was expecting better graphics from the next generation of consoles. It's no better than a new PC.

But its probably a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Lemlin wrote:
    But its probably a bit cheaper.
    but if you want to play the games at the resolution they've been designed to be played at, you'd need to shell out on a new hd capable tv.
    whereas a cheap ass 17" monitor for the pc handles higher resolutions no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

tman wrote:
    but if you want to play the games at the resolution they've been designed to be played at, you'd need to shell out on a new hd capable tv.
    whereas a cheap ass 17" monitor for the pc handles higher resolutions no bother

Or you can buy a VGA cable for the 360.

Not that I'd want to. Sitting comfortably on the couch in front of the tv with friends is the reason why I'll always prefer console games to PC games regardless of how the technology compares.

Personally the 360 exceeded my expectations, which I have to admit were pretty low. I never planned on getting one until I actually played the demo models. The hardware is great, from the point of view of joypad and dashboard features, and the games so far have certainly been of higher standard than your typical launch line up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Years disappointments,
    PSPs ability to make make me buy again all the games I already own, til I got rid of the thing, you see, I was only using it occasionally in the end and felt very guilty of having this expensive device in the bottom of my backpack and never using it, whereas I feel a lot less guilty having a DS and a GBmicro in my bag not being used except for toilet breaks and bus trips since they cost less. Also I don't mind shelling out for Snes ports on the Micro and would love to see Rares back catalog being converted for the DS, but having bought many games for the PS2 and then being expected to buy them all over aain for the PSP, and most of those not even being suited for quick blasts of play, umm, no thanks. That said I will get one in summer 06 when I can pick one up 2nd hand and get GT4mobile on it.
    Perfect Dark Zero eclipses that though, how sh**e is that game? I rushed home with it and popped it in and like the Emperors New Clothes convinced myself I was at fault, that my taste and gaming ability were somehow lacking, but no, its the game, what rubbish, people say "it gets great later on", but why should I have to sit through the worst opening level of all time, with the possible exception of Horace Goes Skiing? Nope it went back and I am enjoying Quake 4 thank you very much, not ground breaking or anything, but they know what their audience wants and do a good solid job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

where can you get that vga cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

madrab wrote:
    where can you get that vga cable?

if your going to stick it into your computer monitor you might as well just play the PC, you can get the pc games at half the price of 360

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

maybe he aint got a pc that will run the games? and if he does, prolly have to shell out 500+ on RAM and graphics...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Gizzard wrote:
    if your going to stick it into your computer monitor you might as well just play the PC, you can get the pc games at half the price of 360
    realy helpful there
    do you drive? why not walk, its cheaper

Advertisement