Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Phone with GPS

• 20-12-2005 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at getting gps for car.

Is there any phone on the markets that can be used in conjunction with a gps receiver?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the orange range of smartphones and Tom Tom Mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

prospect wrote:
    Hi All,

Looking at getting gps for car.

Is there any phone on the markets that can be used in conjunction with a gps receiver?

Cheers

Phones running Windows Smartphone or Symbian should be able to handle it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Doesnt the Nokia 5144 have a gps jacket ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Use any Nokia Symbian phone with Route 66
    Its very good especially considering its just a phone setup
    Read loads about it here
    http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

had it on my nokia 6600 for a while
    really dont think it works on a phone to well but thats my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

1huge1 wrote:
    had it on my nokia 6600 for a while
    really dont think it works on a phone to well but thats my opinion
    Ah I know what you mean. I have numerous gps units and they would all beat this option, but as a phone solution goes, its quite good although a bit fiddly if entering a lot of destinations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Cheer guys.

What about the likes of the blackberry or the O2 XDA?

I am considering GPS for the car, but don't fancy another electronic gizmo, along with my mobile and organiser. So I figured i would check out an 'all-in-one' device, that could have its software upgraded from time to time (i.e. maps).

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

I have been using Navigon with a bluetooth GPS unit since the summer on my XDA IIs. Had to buy a larger SD card to fit maps - but other than that works a treat. Have used in France - no issue. Ireland - limited to main roads.

Advertisement