Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reconnection in new house

• 20-12-2005 12:45pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

I just moved to a house in Bray and need to get the phoneline reconnected for Broadband use alone. The landlord who just bought the house says he doesnt think the previous owner who was there for 4 years had a landline but that the line is there from before him.

I just rang eircom about getting the phoneline reconnected but couldn't actually tell the girl I was talking to whether their was a socket downstairs as I moved in yesterday and never took any notice.

I've read quite a few dodgy comments about eircom and their billing system before, does anyone have for me? Am I just going to have to pay the standard €25 reconnection fee? Are their any special offers by Esat or anyone else at the moment where I can get reconnected for free?

The girl on the phone did mention that if there was no phone socket downstairs that a technician would have to come to the house. Will I get billed extra for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Be careful, a lot of Bray people can't get DSL, and are stuck with Irish Broadband....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

I wouldn't get IBB if it was free. I want this purely for gaming so any wireless options are not an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 the gobbler

i am in bray, with eircom, it is a 9.99 connection fee.
    There is no NTL BB in bray yet, other options are Digiweb, BT(STAY WELL AWAY FROM THESE CROWD,CHECK MY POSTS!), Irish BB (DIRE, STAY AWAY TOO)

if there is a phone socket, do you get a dial tone?? if you do it'll be quicker to get BB, reason we are with eircom, BT was a shoddy service,should you get a prob with the line,they will not do anything,so your up sh1t creek.

i am not an eircom fan, but they were quickest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm in Bray and can't get DSL. Got IBB out to take a look and they couldnt get it working either because of trees blocking the line of sight (just as well really). Now I have Clearwire...I'll say no more about that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The only reason Eircon is quicker is because they own the line and they ensure competitors have a tougher time. It is this reason I think people should wait out for BT or other, not just do what Eircon want you to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement