Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Email 2 Text .. ?

• 20-12-2005 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I know a way of sending a Text Message to an Email address but does anyone know a way of sending an Email to a Mobile as a Text? Seems to me it would be a cheap way of texting as sending emails are much cheaper to send from a phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

blackberry i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

blackberry i suppose

I mean an email address that you send an email to that then forwards the email to the mobile phone number of you choice.

For instance you can do it the other way around by sending a Text2Email .. just start your text with the email that you want it to go to and then leave a blank space or line break and then type your text .. just send that to 0866055506 .. now, if only I could do it the other way around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

Not really that useful, you're restricted to 160 characters at a time (unless you use SmartMessages or linked messages).

You would have to have some sort of strict filter and rules in place. Something to dictate max messages and only allow nominated emails address send messages to your phone. If you didn't imagine how many messages you would during the day. It would get very, very, very annoying.

Personally, I use Vodafone Mail with the text notification of an email, then have my nokia 6680 set up to get my email via the inbuild IMAP client, cheap, quick and pretty easy.

SG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, I have a 3230 (getting an N70 soon) and not sure if I have Imap4 with O2. I also have Text alerts but with only three email addresses as its 12cent per text with O2. God, the more i think of it O2 stick it to you. You even have to say for Voice Messages with O2 .. allthough I have SmartAnswer on my phone .. It's very cool as you can listen in on the person leaving the voice message and then answer the call mid message if you choose .. Handy for screening Private Calls .. I recorded O2's Default Message on it also so you'd never know .. so Free voice mail :)

Advertisement