Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick one player Mick

• 20-12-2005 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

It's Christmas and Mick's Sunderland has only got five points.

Santa decides to give him one Premiership player from any club to help them stay up.

who should Mick pick ?

(I have a theory, like to see other people's answers first)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Roy Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Premiership player please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

John Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thierry Henry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Steve Gerrard.

Goals, tough tackling, and leadership.

All missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

If he could have choice of any player in the premiership for no fee then I'm certain he would pick Kevin Kilbane. (if he could have one from outside of the premiership it would be Gary Doherty).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

masterK wrote:
    If he could have choice of any player in the premiership for no fee then I'm certain he would pick Kevin Kilbane. (if he could have one from outside of the premiership it would be Gary Doherty).

He'd have to fight Kerr for the Doc! I'm sure the GingerPele has already been invited round for Christmas dinner.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jerzy Dudek... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Frank Lampard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

(I have a theory, like to see other people's answers first
    !!!! are you afraid someone will steal your answere or something!:D Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd go for the most expensive player who they can sell (Rooney?) so he can buy a few more players in the new year to get results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Steven Davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

!!!! are you afraid someone will steal your answere or something!:D Rooney

no. I reckoned there's a few players people would pick. So there are.

my choice would be Lampard. IMO He's miles ahead of anybody else in Prem League.

I also reckon that McCarthy would go down with any team anyway. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Don't think one player would make that much of a difference, they are lacking in so many departments. No survival sunday this year I don't think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lampard imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Rooney. He'll give goals and create them as well. He also has a bit of fight in him:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

lee trundle.

mccarthy might as well go down showboating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Im surprised so many people regard Lampard as the one player to get Sunderland out of relegation.

Most overrated player ever, a certainly not a battler or someone to drive the team on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

masterK wrote:

most definitly he is famous 4 picking rubbish out of skips alrite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

zabbo wrote:
    Im surprised so many people regard Lampard as the one player to get Sunderland out of relegation.

Most overrated player ever, a certainly not a battler or someone to drive the team on.

I share your surprise but not the sentiment re. Lampard.

If Mick signed him who would play the roles of Makalele and Essien alongside him, without who Lampard would not be half as effective.

Also, anyone who thinks signing a striker would be the answer is ignoring the presence of a s*it defence at Sunderland that leaks goals. No amount of Henry theatrics would change that.

I picked Gerrard as he would bring steel to the midfield, provide goals and help protect the CBs. Parker wouldn't be bad option either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

has mick ever played the same starting 11 in sucsession this season? He doesn't know what his team is at all at all. He has given about 6 strikers a go at leading the line and there is talk of him getting a new No.1 in January bringing him to 3 keepers for the season and he has Mart Poom on loan at Arsenal! :eek:

I think he needs to sign Houdini to get him out of this mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

John Terry to sort out the Laurel and Hardy-style Sunderland defence.

Advertisement