Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gmail on your mobile (browse rather than POP)

• 20-12-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Gmail have made a mobile friendly version of their online mail system available, should be accessable if you enter http://m.gmail.com on your mobile's browser.

More info here:
    http://www.google.com/glm/gmail

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

just read that on El Reg ..i'm alomst tempted to signup now...almost:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Damned walled 3 network .... grumble grumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It is very cool, and works well.

A nice touch is that you can choose which labels you want to see. I have about 15 labels set up, and using mGmail, I can pick which labels I want to see (and ignore the rest).

Saves on GPRS costs....

All commands are shortcutted using the keypad number. Very nice feature.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Damned walled 3 network .... grumble grumble

It does indeed have its bad points :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

/me smiles thinking of company BlackBerry with free web access

Wohoo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Looks very well on the the P910. Thanks for the info.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

seamus wrote:
    /me smiles thinking of company BlackBerry with free web access

Wohoo! :D

But you could have been getting gmail via pop on your blacka all the time...I pull my work email (obviously) and mail from 2 personal accounts down. If you're on vodafone the mobileemail service will poll up to 10 personal accounts...only drawback is that replies come from mobileemail but you can set "reply to"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmmm, does this work with Meteor? I'm on a D500, and I keep getting Retry: Connection Lost.

parsi wrote:
    But you could have been getting gmail via pop on your blacka all the time...I pull my work email (obviously) and mail from 2 personal accounts down. If you're on vodafone the mobileemail service will poll up to 10 personal accounts...only drawback is that replies come from mobileemail but you can set "reply to"..
    Nah, we're using a BES, so only possible to pull mail from the work exchange server.

seamus wrote:
    Nah, we're using a BES, so only possible to pull mail from the work exchange server.

So are we. We're with VF so you just go to mobileemail.vodafone.ie and setup an account - you need the PIN (device id) of the blacka and choose a username/password. You can then go into tthe account and setup whatever personal email accounts you want that account to poll and forward to your device.

It's the same with o2 (just a different website) but at the end of the day these sites seem to be hosted (or at least deeply linked) to Blaclberry.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

YAY!
    Got it working on K750i, looks decent.

Pity I couldnt' get the built in POP3 email working. :(

parsi wrote:
    So are we. We're with VF so you just go to mobileemail.vodafone.ie and setup an account - you need the PIN (device id) of the blacka and choose a username/password. You can then go into tthe account and setup whatever personal email accounts you want that account to poll and forward to your device.
    Indeed it does work. Genius!

Cheers parsi

Great... just ensure that you have your chosen "reply to" address setup for replies from your blackberry.

You'll notice now that when you send an email from your device you can send it using Desktop (via your work email) or MobileEmail - so if you create a brand spanking new email to send you may need to check which account you're sending it from - mine defaults to Desktop. Replies will use the appropriate account

parsi wrote:
    Great... just ensure that you have your chosen "reply to" address setup for replies from your blackberry.

You'll notice now that when you send an email from your device you can send it using Desktop (via your work email) or MobileEmail - so if you create a brand spanking new email to send you may need to check which account you're sending it from - mine defaults to Desktop. Replies will use the appropriate account
    Ah yes, I was wondering where to change that. Nice one.

Advertisement