Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merry Christmas from Mourinho

• 20-12-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Wenger card snub upsets Mourinho
    Jose Mourinho's latest bust-up with Arsene Wenger was apparently caused by the Arsenal manager not acknowledging his message in a Christmas card.

BBC Sport understands Mourinho used the card to apologise for labelling Wenger "a voyeur" in another recent row.

But he was angry that a member of Arsenal's staff checked if he had in fact written it, so refused to shake Wenger's hand after Chelsea's win.

Arsenal have so far been unavailable for comment on the claims.

The Blues boss has sent Christmas cards to the other 18 Premiership bosses as well, but is believed to have reserved a special message for Wenger in an attempt to end their public feud.

Mourinho is believed to have waited for Wenger before kick-off on Sunday to shake his hand but was not acknowledged by his opposite number.

But Arsenal are yet to respond in this latest chapter in the ongoing feud between the two London clubs.

Wenger recently threatened legal action after Mourinho said: "I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur. He likes to watch other people.

"There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea."

Wenger was furious and Mourinho then claimed he had a 120-page dossier that proved his claims.

Gunners boss Wenger decided against taking legal action but the ill-feeling lingered on into Sunday's match at Highbury, which Chelsea won 2-0.
    I wonder who was the manager that didn't get the card. :) Probably Harry Redknapp since he only took over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

They should be all covered "other 18" plus Arsenal and don't send one to themselves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

No I think it's saying he sent 18 'standard' ones plus 1 'special' one from the 'special one'.

I think the pair of them should just go on Eastenders have a barney then kiss and make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think the two of them are acting like children to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

At least they're bringing a bit of excitement to the League. There's absolutely none with Chelsea having it wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:
    At least they're bringing a bit of excitement to the League. There's absolutely none with Chelsea having it wrapped up.

Sorry, but how is this tedious feud bringing any excitement to the league? Maybe in the world of Monday morning Sun back pages and Sky Sports talking heads, but the rest of us want them to grow the f*ck up*.

*sincerely hope thats the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Ah why can't they all be like Benitez and say shag all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

damienom wrote:

Or Martin Jol, and laugh it all away.

"Yesch, sometimesch thesch thingsch happen"

:D

Lemlin wrote:
    I don't see 9 points as having it wrapped up. I also don't see how this petty arguement is exciting in the least, it's embarassing to be honest.

I don't see 9 points as having it wrapped up. I also don't see how this petty arguement is exciting in the least, it's embarassing to be honest.

So are you saying the same about SAF's and Wenger's numerous fall-outs? Remember pizzagate?

I see 9 points as having it wrapped up when you have a squad of players that is by far the stongest in terms of depth and quality in the league, endless funds for transfers, a top manager and have only lost 2 in 55 competitive games, whilst your immediate opponents are prone to error.

Lemlin wrote:
    So are you saying the same about SAF's and Wenger's numerous fall-outs? Remember pizzagate?
    Yeah, I am. They are professionals, they should act like it. Pizzagate was just ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I am. They are professionals, they should act like it. Pizzagate was just ridiculous!

Which means they can't show or act out their passion for the club?

Remember Kevin Keegan's "I would love it", voted one of the best Premiership moments ever.

forgive my ignorance but what was pizzagate?

forgive my ignorance but what was pizzagate?

When Arsenal were beaten by Man United last year, pizza and other food was thrown at some United players by members of the Arsenal team. The culprits were never definitely named.

ha ha Jols voice is cool alrite. the dutch english speaking accent in general is cool!

as for the 2 boys thay should be men and shake on it and show a bit of sportsmanship. wenger lets himself be played like a fiddle by 2 guys you just have to take with a grain of salt! hes the manager, the one who you expect to keep a cool head when all else around is losing theirs. leave the morons say what they like and concentrate on your own side arsene (and this is from an arsenal fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ha ha Jols voice is cool alrite. the dutch english speaking accent in general is cool!

I quite like the guy on Trigger Happy - "I am from Schwitsherland", Jol always reminds me of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Jol is the guy off that beer ad, "Schhhtop, this isn't ready yet!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone think this is a clever ply by Fergie and Mourinho to try and get Wenger out of the game. Seems Fergie and Mourinho get on the best, even after the Utd game whenb Chelsea had lost there was no stuff from Mourinho that he complains about even if they win. No complaining, just said both teams played great. I dont think Fergie or Mourinho like Wenger too much so maybe they will just annoy him till he leaves the game

Also Mourinho seems to have alot more respect for Bene than Wenger....maybe because they are constantly playing each other and Bene took his "Champion League" off him last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Jol sounds like one of the gay Dutch people Harry Enfield used to have on, think he is gas thou

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Jol sounds like Goldmember... "Yeshhhh, that was a very toight game yesh?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

these mind games don't matter at all. I think the theory that Mourinho uses them to deflect attention off his team sums them up best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pizzagate wasn't exciting, it was idiotic.

What was great about the personal feuds was stuff like Roy Keane and Vieira, not Wenger and Fergie. Those are exciting, this isn't exciting, its just silly.

The only great thing about Fergie mind games is when it pays off in results, and also when people pull a Keegan. Wenger tends to not understand what is going on in mind games and ends up looking like an idiot half the time, Mourniho looks the same, but because he is so damm arrogant we don't care and focus on that.

What I found hilarious about the post match comments was that Wenger did the exact same thing he always does, and blames something. When you lose and you don't take responsibility, you don't bounce back, you feel cheated, which is what happened after the United game last year when they lost their streak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Fergie tried his mind games against Wenger many a time especially in the 90's but looked like an idiot himself when they didnt pull off.

Mind games imo are overrated. Because they work once doesnt mean they will work again....ever..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

damienom wrote:

because his english is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

So is alex ferguson's :D.

Advertisement