Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript printing multiple pages?

Options
  • 20-12-2005 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to use javascript to print like 20 different html files without having to all of the documents open? I was thinking about a hidden frame, but that's out of the question.

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

What, precisely are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

It's like a mini website that ships with an application, kinda like a set of help files.

The client wants to be able to print it either section by section or print the whole thing - all 50 pages in one go...

This sounds like a job for.... CSS!!!

Unfortunately, being but a poor, mad, programmer, I know little of such things. Others may be able to help you further tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I don't really think CSS could do this unless I dumped all the contents of the help files into one master and did a show hide thing - but I don't really want to go down this route just for a print version of the files...

Well, you could have javascript pull in the data on demand, and put it in a handy div. This is, these days, called "AJAX", and is a popular buzzword, but it's also, rather unexpectedly, quite useful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement