Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheaper Local Calls?

• 20-12-2005 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I use Banking365 on the move alot and they use an 1890 number (they used to have an 1800365365 number but scrapped it) and it get quite expensive. If I'm kept on for ten minutes it's 3Euros Peak (30c per minute for 1890 numbers at peak times with Speakeasy) and 2.30Euros off peak (23cent per minute off peak). Meteor do 15cent per minute flat rate to 1890 to numbers .. so again O2 ripping people off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

<sorry, phone limiting length of message with Mini Opera>

Anyway, you can also phone Banking365 on (01)4044000 and was wondering if there is any cheaper way calling local calls from a mobile that the paying 15cent per minute.

I believe Broadtalk.ie will be doing something in Jan but they couldn't give me much info over the phone and just said they would send me a newsletter next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i always use banking 365, the 1890 number is a away of making more money from there customers:mad: there should be a free fone number

The problem with using a 1800 number is that the owner of the number pays to receive the calls. As a result they have to pay for mobile to landline calls too, which can prove expensive. The Man Matters (impotence) helpline was flooded with calls after someone sent a spoof text saying that 3 were giving out free phones and gave their number. They had to pay for all the hoax calls.
    Many companies, such as QVC, actually disallow calls from mobiles for this very reason, you simply get a standard eircom message saying "We're sorry, the service you have dialled is only available to callers from specific regions. Calls cannot be accepted from your region."

I have Opera Mini on my phone and if I turn the images off on it I can go on to it and transfer money, pay a bill and really take a good look at my account .. without feeling rushed .. for about 20cent or so.

On the free phone issue .. I used my mobile to phone 1800365365 for about two years or so and I noticed that BOI never advertised that number.

If you phone it now you get a BOI head saying "to access Banking365 from your mobile please phone .."

Don't company's lease 1800 numbers at a discounted price? NTL still have their 1800 number.

Who says for 1905 when you phone from an O2 handset?

Meant to ask who 'pays' for a call to say 1905 from an O2 handset?

.By the way .. are Meteor the only ones who offer their PrePay customers free phone customer support?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah 1890 is the same,whoever owns it has to pay. my dad has a 1890 number and he pays for every call.

drdre wrote:
    yeah 1890 is the same,whoever owns it has to pay. my dad has a 1890 number and he pays for every call.

Yeah, but your Dad is not a state bank that is making a mint on bank charges as it is. It's understandable that businesses do that but banks should have a free phone number. I mean it's usually when people run not of money or have difficulty accessing their money that they need to phone their bank. What if some OAP doesn't get pension paid through to the bank and needs to phone them

It's the same with O2 Speakeasy customer Service .. the time you really need them is when your credit is zero for some reason or you can't top up and if that's the case how can you phone them? .. talk about Catch22. There is however a way of calling O2 customer service for free .. i'll post it if it's not breaking the rules and if anyone wants it.

Advertisement