Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Advisors

Options
  • 20-12-2005 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Can someone recommend a good financial advisor?
    I just found out that my Mum put >€100k in a fund averaging 3% thats closed for three years - she would have got better in Rabo, with instant access.
    The Advisor is not in the wrong in any way, but his advice has been very mediocre( I think he generally deals with risk averse older women who know nothing about finance). He is fully registered with IFSRA so there is nothing I can really do

I'd just like someone who could give her more up to the minute advice that could help her make her money work a bit harder.

Thanks

Michel Richmnt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

if you still wanna make a complaint then have a look here http://www.ifsra.ie/frame_main.asp?pg=%2Fconsumer%2Fcr%5Fwtc%5Fintr%2Easp&nv=%2Fconsumer%2Fcr_nav.asp. There is a downloadable .pdf there to start the complaints procedure. Did he even ask your Mother about her attitude to risk? This is one of the basic parts of a general fact find and if he didnt then you a perfectly entitled to make a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

Has the fund merely underperformed or has the advisor missold your mother an unsuitable product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 irishunion.com

Can someone recommend a good financial advisor?
    I just found out that my Mum put >€100k in a fund averaging 3% thats closed for three years - she would have got better in Rabo, with instant access.
    The Advisor is not in the wrong in any way, but his advice has been very mediocre( I think he generally deals with risk averse older women who know nothing about finance). He is fully registered with IFSRA so there is nothing I can really do

I'd just like someone who could give her more up to the minute advice that could help her make her money work a bit harder.

Thanks

Michel Richmnt

Why not invest in Foreign property!? EU states or Bulgaria/Romania but not Turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Why not invest in Foreign property!? EU states or Bulgaria/Romania but not Turkey
    Would you care to advise the OP on the tax/legal/currency/economic/risk issues involved in your recommendation?

Do you have any commercial interest in foreign property investments?

Advertisement