Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards needs to be cleaned up a bit

Options
  • 20-12-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

The ammount of sub forums is getting rediculous, examples: David Hasselhoff, Mustard :rolleyes:

Maybe the mods and admins should have a think and clean this place up a bit, there are way to many forums. For example these days any thread you post in After Hours could be potentially moved to another forum.

Just a taught :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The ammount of sub forums is getting rediculous, examples: David Hasselhoff, Mustard :rolleyes:

Two very popular forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

For example these days any thread you post in After Hours could be potentially moved to another forum.)
    That would be because they are being moved to the proper forum, and the mods of AH have stated that they don't appreciate the forum being used as a dumping ground for lazy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If there is ever one thing you can learn on boards is never ever make fun of the Mustard forum.
    For example these days any thread you post in After Hours could be potentially moved to another forum.

So your saying we should remove after hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Hobbes wrote:
    we should remove after hours?

maybe as a practical joke?
    replace with a "really serious forum"

see waht happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Why, precisely, should these forums be removed? People like them. What harm are they doing to you or to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Hobbes wrote:
    If there is ever one thing you can learn on boards is never ever make fun of the Mustard forum.

Oh he will realize sometime, most people do at some stage...just don't ever go in when your a newb and post distastefully about it...bad things happen :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just a taught :)

Explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok this guy obviously does not have a clue what he is talking about, I dont hear anyone else complaining about on how boards is layed out or run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I agree, they're just spam forums. The Mustard forum is covered by the Food / Drink forum, and David Hasselhoff is covered by TV and/or Music.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The admins went with a usenet style layout for the forums, different sites tackle the challenge of expansion with various methods, topic icons, etc (well, that's the only other one I can think of).

I think it is getting very complicated, but without a complete redesign of the system (which would just muck everything up), there's nothing short-term that can be done to make a significant change.

It's become a steep learning curve, but thems the breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I post in the forums I have an interst in, as do others on the site. You don't need to know, or visit all the forums on the site.

And by your logic, the whole sports catergory could be just under sport. Athletics could fall under fitness, but they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Use the favs option and quit bitchin.
    In fact reckon we need more subforums - cool a forum for forums:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Subscribe to the forums you like, forget the rest.

Most people come to these boards for one particular forum, and then expand, so i think the learning curve is fine. You find new boards as you are ready to, and while doing so figure out where everything is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

:rolleyes:
    if you don't like them, don't read them.
    how hard is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I guess he'd like 6000 posts/day to be posted in After Hours so he doesn't have to go looking for the topic he wants......oh wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

For example these days any thread you post in After Hours could be potentially moved to another forum.

So in one sentence you say there should be less forumns and in the next sentence you say that all threads should be moved to those sub forumns which you would like deleted?

Could you rethink your post and then maybe post up again... or don't... whichever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement