Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sunroof problem!

Options
  • 20-12-2005 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

just bought a car there, the seal is broken on the sunroof, and has gone a bit rusty and cant use it... any ideas on how to fix it?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

A lot of cars with steel sunroofs have this problem from condensation. On a CRX I had, I got the sunroof frame and seal replaced. Cost about £300 at the time. But I had budgeted for it when buying the car.

If its the roof itself then thats a bigger problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

its a rover 216 SI, electronic

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you might be as well off buying a complete working sunroof from a scrapyard complete with a new headlining if yours is damp from water leaks. It's quite a simple job but you'll need two pairs of hands to lower the sliding assembly that runs the length of the roof down.

you should pick up the lot for about E70

Advertisement