Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup Quarter Finals

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Doncaster Vs Blackburn in the final...Blackburn winning 10-0 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2-2, damn you Gilberto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Silva, yeeehaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The board for two minutes goes up, Arsenal start playing football, and its 2-2. Great goal.

Penalties now... (maybe!)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No justice!

Mike.

Poor Doncaster

Well, come on Donnies, get the penos! :)

Oh, the tension......

dammit, one missed :(

two missed now :(

arsenal have it in the bag

According to BBC, Cygan just scored from a Power Penalty. (toebog to you and me). 3-1 now to Arsenal

• Advertisement

What's the bets the draw will be rigged so that Man United and Arsenal don't meet until the final.

edit Arsenal go through. :(

Mike.

looks like Arsenal scraped through. Our losing streak is over now anyway.

Fair play Doncaster. Arsenal didn't deserve it.

arsenal and man u wont meet in the final anyways cause blackburn are gonna win it out :p

we'll have to see about that one Ricky. You wouldn't want to get too confident around these parts, after all it was 20mins ago, that ye were talking about Blackburn playing Doncaster later on.

• Advertisement

Wigan for the Cup! Listening to fivelive Jan Molby and the commentator were pretty critical of the Arsenal players attitude (and talent).

Mike.

Roddy23 wrote:
    we'll have to see about that one Ricky. You wouldn't want to get too confident around these parts, after all it was 20mins ago, that ye were talking about Blackburn playing Doncaster later on.

was just wishful thinking more like, hehe ;)

ah ye, sort of got the message. :D
    If I wasn't an Arsenal supporter, would love to see Wigan do it. Jewell is a quality manager, and they play some great football.

Wigan v Arsenal
    Blackburn v Man Utd

Lemlin wrote:
    What's the bets the draw will be rigged so that Man United and Arsenal don't meet until the final.

What a farce. I knew it would happen.

• Advertisement

Lemlin, see yis in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Jammy jammy arsenal, would loved to have seen Doncaster in the final... Still they did well to get this far and money so far will prob be a massive windfall for them.. I wonder will Utd Arsenal put out full strength teams next round?

Roddy23 wrote:
    Lemlin, see yis in the final.

Hopefully. Had to laugh at Sky's montage of the cup so far. They showed clips of all the semi-finalists except Blackburn. Not even a clip of what was probably the most exciting game of the last round, Blackburn 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go and end up winning 3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

woeful performance

Cyagan was ****, Senderos was ****, Lupoli was ****, it goes on. it was a great goal from Gilberto to equalise.

i think thought they deserved to go through due to the amount of chances they had and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Watching the highlights now. Almunia seemed to be in good form, considering conceeding two, he kept them in it at many other stages. Feel sorry for Doncaster though, but what can ya do, fantastic run all the same! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Arsenal fans - Any idea why Cregg didn't make the bench for the last 2 carling cup games? He has played more reserve football than any other midfielder yet Larsson, Song and Muamba are in the Carling cup squads ahead of him.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Arsenal fans - Any idea why Cregg didn't make the bench for the last 2 carling cup games? He has played more reserve football than any other midfielder yet Larsson, Song and Muamba are in the Carling cup squads ahead of him.

And Song was utter rubbish.
    Almunia seemed to be in good form, considering conceeding two, he kept them in it at many other stages.

He got man of the match, deserved too. Says a lot about the game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mossy Monk wrote:

i think thought they deserved to go through due to the amount of chances they had and so on

Doncaster also created a lot of chances . You're right about Arsenal being very poor though, they will have to play better against Wigan to go through. Doncatser were unlucky not to progress but gave a good account of themselves.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lemlin wrote:
    What a farce. I knew it would happen.
    Yeah, Man United and Arsenal never meet in the semi finals! :rolleyes:
    shepthedog wrote:
    Jammy jammy arsenal, would loved to have seen Doncaster in the final... Still they did well to get this far and money so far will prob be a massive windfall for them.. I wonder will Utd Arsenal put out full strength teams next round?
    Arsenal probably won't. Reached the semis of the CC 2 years ago and it was a mix of fringe senior players and youth in both legs (though there were a few first teamers in the 2nd leg).

Almunia saves the day again. If only his decision making wasn't so bloody awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United will put out a fairly strong team, but I'd imagine Van Nist + Ferdinand + Giggs + Scholes + VDS won't play.

I would like to see us in a final against Wigan, their fans deserve a final after the football they have been playing this year, that said, they'll loose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

PHB wrote:
    United will put out a fairly strong team, but I'd imagine Van Nist + Ferdinand + Giggs + Scholes + VDS won't play.

I would like to see us in a final against Wigan, their fans deserve a final after the football they have been playing this year, that said, they'll loose :)

You cant be certain Wigan will lose, No result is certain with arsenal these days, they are blowing hot and cold all year, Arsenals form usually depends on whether Henry turns up on the day, they should have been beaten last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I meant they will loose in the final :)
    Arsenal will put out a youthful team and probably loose because of it.

PHB wrote:
    I meant they will loose in the final :)
    Arsenal will put out a youthful team and probably loose because of it.

Yes, in the final to Blackburn. We've had a pretty good run against Man Utd in recent times and I'm hoping that will continue. Quite a few games since they last beat us actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    Yes, in the final to Blackburn. We've had a pretty good run against Man Utd in recent times and I'm hoping that will continue. Quite a few games since they last beat us actually.
    We owe ye a hammering :)

Advertisement